Six-man fan
Congrats to the following TCAL Award Winners:

Player of the Year
Calvin Hill, Waco Live Oak - Division 1
Colton Garrett, Annapolis Christian - Division 2

Coach of the Year
Matt Rodgers - Methodist Children's Home - Division 1
Larry Pavlik - Fort Bend Homeschool - Division 2

The concept of statistics meaning anything in 6-man football is silly. With most elite teams playing only 2 quarters a week, how can numbers mean anything? Winning and losing are the only statistics that matter; the rest should be done with the good ‘ole eye test. Seeing kids play in person is the only way to determine who is good and who is great.

Who cares if a kid throws 8 tds against a no name, zero win team? Sounds great on paper, but in reality he may not be good enough to touch the field if he was on a different team.

I still would say that there are some statistics that can't lie.

Let's just say that winning and losing are the only stats that matter, (which I disagree with when it comes to handing out awards.)

Apparently, TCAL doesn't pay attention to THAT statistic either.

I'm glad my point was so easily proven.

I am starting to honestly believe that TCAL has something against FAITH and their tremendous successes over the last 3 years. Any other league would give credit where credit is due. But for some reason, that doesn't happen in this league.

4,782. That's how many total yards Cole had this past season, helping the Knights to their third consecutive State Championship. We can talk about his defensive stats, too, if necessary.

And say we aren't talking about anything but winning and losing..
State Championship is as WINNING as it gets.
I didn't see the D1 POY coming from a team who lost in the State Semi's. I

I watched the Annapolis kid play. He's a good player. And I'm not trying to take anything away from his accomplishments, I'm just proving a point.

Win 3 State Championships, have the NATIONAL homeschool POY on your team, and the league you represent somehow despises you. WHY?

I think your point was easily proven when all of your posts are on this thread and about an individual player.

I cant argue that, I dont know why Cole wasnt selected. Do you have any other thoughts, or just a FAITH fan?

FAITH fan through and through.

It's much more than just Cole for POY.

It's how does FAITH land only 1 player on the TCAL All State game, but a team they beat in the first round lands 3 or 4.
It's the making up absurd rules as we go, especially when FAITH is involved.

I simply wanted to know how these awards are decided on... Because it's been proven that if the league and whoever runs it has anything to do with it, it isn't done correctly.

Thats pretty obvious......But why create an account and then hijack a thread that highlights 2 players and 2 coaches in order to tell your grievances of a league?

If you have a problem with a league thats fine, but why post it on here and take away from the accomplishments of the winning athletes?

I have a idea why he posted on this board to complain....TCAL will not call you back or respond to emails, believe me I have tried!!!!!!! many many many times!!!!!! So if you have a issue this is the only place to address it. I agree it is not the best place to handle it but because there is not even 1% of professionlism in this league, this is it. ie..they have a crazy lady in their leadership that comes and talks to coaches on the side line during a state game to make them pay admission for their water boys... DURING A STATE GAME!!!!!!!!

Again this is not the thread, if you 2 FAITH fans have a problem with TCAL thats fine, but start your own thread specifically discussing that.
I have no dog in the fight I live in Central Texas and support local teams such as Live Oak, Methodist Childrens Home and Vanguard

This thread is supposed to congratulate 2 kids and 2 coaches,

Back