TCAF

Well, say what you want. The game had no meaning to Christian Life Prep. They already locked up the district title and was no point to continue a meaningless game. Christan Life knows where they are and Coach Fuller will have them ready for the playoffs. They should still be considered the front runner.

No game is meaningless to an undefeated powerhouse. Those were front line starters that were injured. NCA & CLPS are heated rivals, who both started their programs just four years ago. You are correct that cooler heads prevailed, and the game had little bearing on the playoff picture. Regardless, NCA had them on the ropes. Game was called as CLPS was moving downfield on the first possession of the third quarter.

Your right. No one wants to lose a game. I also understand their rivalry. But I think we can both agree that a first place team, getting ready for the playoffs and trying to prevent injuries, didn't need to continue against a 5th place team that had nothing to lose.

I am sure the real reason for stopping this game has not been published on this board. I can not imagine stopping a scheduled game just because it had no play-off significance. I know I am not entitled to an explanation, but would really like someone to explain it to me. Perhaps, to minimize the potential for heated discussion, someone could PM me with some details.

EP Immanuel stopped a game against EP Jesus Chapel a few years ago. (I was not coaching either side, but attended the game.) The EP Immanuel coach felt like the testimony being shown on the field was too un-Christ-like -- by both sides -- and elected to end the game. EP Immanuel was behind by 3 - 4 scores and simply conceded the win. His decision followed a succession of three unsportsman-like conduct calls.

Correct. NCA was dying to move up in the rankings (17th from 25th in State). They're no longer 5th place either. What can I say, good programs like Coach Fuller's CLPS bring out the best in athletes & coaches. This is exactly why it's great to be a part of the TCAF.

Just a good, hard fought game. No penalties or un-Christ-like play (although these are growing young men on the field) appeared to be factored in the game stoppage.

Gunner has it right. A hard hitting game that unfortunately had some injuries for CLP and hopefully all will be well for the playoffs. No un-Christlike play as implied. Anytime CLP and NCA have gotten together it has been a highly charged and competitive game. Be it football, basketball or etc. Both schools look forward to the competition.

This is what is really behind the game that NCA played. Prior to departing for the field, two players gave their testimony. One talked of being pronounced dead 6 times but his Dad kept telling the doctor he is still praying and to get back in there. Even when his Dad's best friend told him he needed to let it go his Dad told him he was still praying. Another told of coming from a bad home situation that I don't feel I should share the details on without his permission. He talked of never being on a team like this and that he never had friends like this and that he loved each of them. It was a very emotional time for the team and the young man wrapped it up by saying how bad he wanted to win tonight and that he would break his arm if that is what it took to win. Afterwards, there were players walking around and hugging each other and just having quiet conversation. The effect this had on the team was beyond words and I have never seen a game played at the emotional level and with as much heart as was played Saturday night. Not lectures, not words and not coaching could have done this.

So while we will continue with the emphasis of winning games and making playoffs it really is not what is important. It is Christ. We all know this but sometimes, just maybe, we stray a little away from that during the long season and the heat of each battle. And I would have to get first in line. ... and now you know the rest of the story

This was our family's first season of six man football--what an aggressive, dynamic sport. The way CLPS played through the season made us proud to be a part of the school, not because of their wins (of course that's nice, too), but because of their determination and character. Coach Fuller has done a wonderful job with a great group of young men. I think the TCAF league that we play in has a great group of TOUGH teams--proven by the scores of the teams that have played eachother.

yes, John Carson #34 for Dallas Academy rushed for less than 100 yds against Lucas.
#36, Micah Burgess, Jr-Lucas Christian, missed the Christian Life Prep game and is back in full force.
EP Faith comes to Lucas Christian November 8th, 1:30pm for TCAF 1st Rd playoff ...Winner faces Midland Trinity

I am just a parent, not part of the coaching staff....didn't know I could post a score here, and sandbagging is never an option....tell it like it is.

The powerful runner may have been Jim Hanson in '05 and '06. I think he is in the service if I am not mistaken. The QB those years went to the Naval Academy.

Please accept my apology if any of my words inferred that there was some kind of un-Christ-like play in the Nazarene v. Christian Life game. Definitely NOT my intention.

I guess this game stands -- as did the Immanuel v. Chapel game from before -- as evidence of a distinct difference between UIL and private school programs. I do not think I would have stopped playing for the reasons stated, nor would any public game be stopped for similar reasons, as long as I had six kids that could play.

As an example, I was only able to dress six kids for a play-off game last year (v. Willow Park). Those six boys gave a striong accounting of themselves and won the respect of the Willow Park team and coaches. We did lose the game, but forced a very good Willow Park team to play into the 3rd quarter to beat us. My team started with 17 players. Due to injuries and very tough academic policy, we were whittled down to six by the last game of the season. Never stopped a game, never failed to meet the call.

Congratulations to both sides for a hard fought battle and to the coaches for making good decisions on behalf of their programs and players.

I do agree that TCAF just keeps getting better andf better. The competition -- across all athletics -- is stepping up year by year. The quality of sportsmanship has always been a focus.

Coach Sobey

I found the chatter on CLP and Nazarene interesting. I was at the game and noticed that Nazarene had all their starters in place for the first time since game 4. 7-0 with the starting backfield and defense in place. 0-3 with the QB, fullback and running back out. Being defensive players also, it was a double hit when they were out. This may have had something to do with the outcome of the game.

Back