TCAF will play one division next year

phostoukosmou

Six-man fan
For the good of the league and competition TCAF voted to play one division of football. The decision came on a unanimous vote from all coaches in the league. Here is how the districts look so far.

District I
Azle Christian
Nazarene Christian
Westlake Academy
Mineral Wells Community Christian
Hill School
Willow Park Trinity

District II
Highpoint Prep.
Lucas Christian
Dallas Academy
Balch Springs
Fautsina
Wylie Prep.

Why dont TCAF and TCAL combine?
Has this ever been discussed, it seems like a logical move, especially considering the small size of TCAF

SWRaider":116s6qv0 said:
Has this ever been discussed, it seems like a logical move, especially considering the small size of TCAF

I believe it has.

Also, is El Paso Immanuel leaving the fold at TCAL, as I notice they're not on the list?

Immanuel is not leaving TCAF. I worded my post wrong. This is something we are kicking around and still working to perfect. I apologize for the misleading post.

Way to early top 10 for Tcaf

interesting since they are combining divisions

#1 Westlake big time football country along with second year experience
#2 Azle Christian reigning all world
#3 Nazerene Great coaching and solid program
#4 High point prep lots of good athletes
#5 Wylie Prep ready to make a run

SWRaider":1akzb4at said:
I would venture to guess
that it's been discussed to death.
They both prefer to do some things differently.
It's prolly fine the way it is.

The thing the 2 leagues won't agree on is the homeschool teams. TCAF allows homeschool kids to play on Christian school teams but won't let there be a homeschool only team. Where Tcal is the only league that allows a homeschool team to play.

Boooger":ojlup026 said:
Way to early top 10 for Tcaf

interesting since they are combining divisions

#1 Westlake big time football country along with second year experience
#2 Azle Christian reigning all world
#3 Nazerene Great coaching and solid program
#4 High point prep lots of good athletes
#5 Wylie Prep ready to make a run

No Dallas Academy or Lucas Christian?

The final Districts are as Followed
District I
High Point Prep
Faustina Academy
Wylie Prep
Lucas Christian
Dallas Academy
Westlake

District II
Community Christian
Hill School
Nazarene
Trinity W.P.
Azle Christian
Immanuel

Well, I know it is too early to speculate but I think Azle Christian is the team to beat. They are well coached and seem to reload every year. I think Dallas Academy and Lucas bothe need to be mentioned in the top teams. Dallas returns probably the best spreadback in the state. Lucas returns a lot of great athletes that really fundamental players. Highpoint is going to be a handful. If they return their athletes, the might be themost athletic team in state. Westlake graduated some key players but not all of them. They are going to be very competetive this year. Their spread offense will be tough to stop. Wylie has had alot of success in Div. 2 and I believe will ha ve some success in Div. 1 as well. Faustina did not graduate anyone and gave Highpoint a good game in the semi-finals last year. If they can build off that success, they will be a tough team to beat. Wilow Park will move some very talented 8th graders to high school this year. They will be young and talented. Hill came off a very difficult season but will return a very solid athlete in Demetreon (spelling?). El Paso Immanuel only graduated 2 athletes and will be hungry for district play. Mineral Wells will regain the services of a very talented senior this year who was unable to play this last year due to an injury.

I am extremely excited about the TCAF football season this year. I believe TCAF made agreat decision to have one division and it is going to lead to some very competetive games. It will be interesting to see who can survive such a competetive season.

great analysis Phos. Finally someone who isnt afraid to put their opinion out there. I would imagine you have a better idea of what and who are coming back. Sounds like the way to early top 5 may have to be adjusted as I gain more information.

I have done this same thing on div I and div II Tapps and no one seems to want to play.

Just did some checking vs 2012 schools and noticed that BALCH SPRINGS CHRISTIAN is not on the list of 2013 TCAF schools. Any reason?

Thanks!

John

phostoukosmou":1f62qnty said:
They will not be playing varsity football next year.

Jesse

Are they going to play any level of 6 man (jh, jv)?

Got a confirmation from Don Markam that Balch Springs will play a JV schedule in 2013.

Back