TAPPS & TAIO this week

Old76er

Six-man fan
Well all of the talk this week is on Richland and Cherokee. Let’s dig in to some TAPPS and TAIO games.

Austin St Stephens vs Bastrop Tribe
This should be a very good game!! St stephens well balanced and Bastrop very disciplined and simplified. Both physical hard hitting with good coaching. Gonna take Bastrop by 10. Could go either way.

Fredericksburg vs Bracken
Fredericksburg has played a pretty solid schedule so far and have been tested early. The loss to Austin hill country was interesting. Austin has a big squad this year so maybe depth played a roll.
Bracken has a like opponent in San Marcos academy. Fredericksburg beat San Marcos academy by 2 and Bracken lost by 12. Not so sure what that says for Bracken.

Early in the season they seemed to miss the deep man not sure if it was blown coverage or just early game jitters.

Have you seen much film on them or in person? I’ve only seen a few teams rosters that tribe has played and they look like they are a good team.

Last edited:
I think they are a good team. They are my pick to win state in their division. I was just curious to see if they had cleaned up that part of their game.

Well one good one with st stephens and Bastrop. One lopsided with Bracken and Fredericksburg. Anyone have any insight on either game? I figured both games would be fairly close.

Well one good one with st stephens and Bastrop. One lopsided with Bracken and Fredericksburg. Anyone have any insight on either game? I figured both games would be fairly close.
From what I hear Freddy couldn’t pressure brackens QB and was giving him a lot of time to make throws. When it comes playoff time they won’t have near as much time to do that. Division 3 is up in the air as in who’s going to win it all. There’s probably 3-4 teams that can easily take it all.

Back