San Antonio East
Seguin Lifegate

my picks are

District 1- Jesus Chapel
District 2- Duncanville Christway
District 3- Notre Dame
District 4- Belville
District 5- Freddy

District 5 will not include either of the Boerne schools. It's a three-team district as Vanguard bolted to T-CAL and Geneva will not compete on a varsity level this year.

I think District 1 and 4 are solid with the schools listed, but I wouldn't bet any grocery money that all the schools in 2 and 3 will play.

But I need to sit down in the next week or two and sift out who is and isn't playing .... D1, D2, T-CAL, TCAF, and independent. There are some significant changes.

That district three is going to be tricky! Wichita Christian in need of a coach this late in year could be scary. They should be ok. Clanton over at Joshua Christian who is a great coach. Kevin Harris over at Fellowship along with Glenview's DC from last year. Kevin Harris is a good a coach, and knows six-man football. Arlington Fellowship will be on the rise. Notre Dame looks to be solid. Don't know anything about Temple Baptist. Brownwood Victory with a new coach with experience.

In District 2, I believe North Star and Wax Prep are not fielding teams. So the district would be:

Christway
Waco Parkview
Tyler Street
Fulton
Balch Springs

You cannot count out Tyler Street. Coach Favors is a well known 11man coach and one of the top track coaches in Texas, he will catch on to the sixman game quickly. If you want to talk speed the discussion starts with "tyler street". Under coach Favors between 2001 and 2006 the crusaders were tops in the state in track. He left "the street" for the public pastures 2 years ago.

Be ready this team will be STRONG and fast. Get'em early in the year while they are learning the sixman game cause later in the year they will be tough.

I agree with MudCat. District 2 will be tough. Tyler Street is one of those teams that could end up being a spoiler. Balch Springs was a playoff team last year, and Christway is one those favored to go to state. My picks:

Chapel
Fulton (have to bet on my boys...)
Wichita Falls ND
B'Ville
Freddy

1. EPJC. Fairly strong team in d1 last year, and should be able to handle their weak district.
2. Christway. Speed kills, but so does Bobby Lynn (who also has speed). Christway runs away with it.
3. Arlington Fellowship. Coach Harris should be able to lead his team to victory.
4. Brenham. Just made a random pick, I dont know anything about the district.
5. Freddy. They've kinda dominated d2 for a while, dont see any reason why their great young talent shouldent be able to continue to dominate.

Back