Strawn vs Motley County Predictions?

I don't want to take anything away from Strawn, because they were absolutely the best team on the field and they would have won regardless, but when Motley County's quarterback got hurt in the 1st quarter that changed their entire game plan. They'd already had a few passes dropped, one in the end zone.

I would've liked to see this game with both teams at full strength. I think Motley with a passing game would've kept it closer. Like I said, I don't think it would've made a difference as to the winner of the game, but I think it would've made things more interesting.
Yes I thought the same thing. Off the subjest here but what happened to #25 in the D1 game?

Bold statement cotton bold statement. But maybe so. He is a naturally gifted athlete. Football is over for now. Honestly have you seen that kid play basketball. Sheeeesh forget football. kid needs to be in a 3a-5a school balling. Somebody told me he scored something like 40+ in a jr high game a few years back and from a small video sample I saw from someone. Scoring that many points alone in a jr high game is an amazing feat in itself considering the quarter lengths. So I’m sure we’ll be hearing about it now that his bigger passion I would assume has come. Strawn might be in for a run at basketball.
55 as a 7th grader in a somewhat close game.

Somebody on one of these threads mentioned the post game "presser" or interview of the coaches/teams. I've googled that in several combinations or words but this short game highlights video Is all I found. Does anyone else know of links to the post game interviews of the Coaches/teams as in recent years?

The postgame interviews I saw for this years games were on twitter if that helps you any jimmy

In high school the ball has to cross the goal line with possession. I’ve got no dog in the fight but when the receivers foot went down it’s a touchdown play is dead he was stripped after both feet were down
Even coach Steele said no catch that tells me all I need to know

In high school the ball has to cross the goal line with possession. I’ve got no dog in the fight but when the receivers foot went down it’s a touchdown play is dead he was stripped after both feet were down
I saw that play and it was a tough call. I just want to mention that there's more to it than "feet down". There's two parts of a complete pass: 1) the catch, and 2) evidence of possession. Players are trained to pull a caught ball to their body and maintain control as "evidence of possession". The iffy part in that play was that when the receiver, regardless of his foot position, pulled the ball to his body, he did not maintain control of the ball. We all saw the catch part which was pretty darned convincing, but the establishment of control/possession part is where he ran into trouble. Even while he momentarily braced the ball against his body, he failed to secure it to establish evidence of possession. There's a very good explanation of this on the National Federation of High School Athletics web site with an example of almost precisely what we saw in the May-Westbrook game. I think it's arguably correct in terms of the official's call. Read the article and see what you think. At the very least, the call was well-reasoned and within the guidelines for high school football. It was painful to see and I really felt sorry for May, but the rules prevailed, and were just and correct in their determination. https://nfhs.org/articles/incomplete-or-fumble/

Back