Strawn vs Motley County Predictions?

I'm still hyped up. Even after the traffic after the game on I-20 then I-30. It really sucked. But the game was amazing. The Under Dawgs overcame the odds from the Toy (which I generally respect and defend) by 60 points. In the third quarter! Congratulations to the Whole Team and All of the Coaches. The last two games in particular have been just incredible to watch. You saved the best for last. It was a privilege to witness them.
It was a Team effort. There can be no question Grayson is the MVP. Hopefully he would be the first to say he couldn't have had the day he did without the rest of the Team.
I know there are some great young players waiting to prove themselves. But these Seniors will be missed next year, in no particular order and not to slight those not mentioned, Max Hopkins, Griff Rigdon, Payton Harris, Evan Williams, Kadin Parsons, Jett Millsop and of course, Lorenzo Garcia, the human bowling ball that can tackle!
I really thought it could go the other way or be a close game all the way early on. Down 8, fumbled snap, down 8 - 6, another fumble. But everyone really stepped up and kept pounding away. Fun to watch. Thanks to all involved.

When I saw Strawn the first game of the season, I didnt see them losing a game. I felt pretty secure that they would win it all. #1 didnt even showcase all of his talent in the state game and was absolutely superb. He will be fun to watch in the coming years. I never saw Etheridge play but this young man has the makings of being one of the greats. Congrats to both teams on great and dominant seasons.

In high school the ball has to cross the goal line with possession. I’ve got no dog in the fight but when the receivers foot went down it’s a touchdown play is dead he was stripped after both feet were down
That was why I thought it was a judgment call on the refs part. The review in slow motion shows that the receiver definitely caught the ball then the ball was stripped. The defender was a couple feet away when the ball was caught. The defender had to come over and strip the ball. It came down to the refs decision. The call could have gone either way. Hey we see these calls go either way through out the season, regardless of which team you are loyal to.

Its Grayson Rigdons world. We are just living in it.
Now, I might turn into the most hated guy on here by saying this. But..... Does Rigdon stay in Strawn long enough to see all the records broken by his son or does he leave when he doesn't have solid players around them. Not questioning for argument or debate, just observing. Because, we all know... a Parent does whats best for the kid, but when said parent is a coach that can change things.

That was why I thought it was a judgment call on the refs part. The review in slow motion shows that the receiver definitely caught the ball then the ball was stripped. The defender was a couple feet away when the ball was caught. The defender had to come over and strip the ball. It came down to the refs decision. The call could have gone either way. Hey we see these calls go either way through out the season, regardless of which team you are loyal to.

This was a very easy incomplete ruling, in fact, the announcement after review was that the ruling was confirmed, that means that replay looked at the play and had indisputable video evidence that the call was correct. If they couldn't determine or didn't have IVE that the play was correct as called but they didn't have IVE that it was wrong, then it would have come back with a ruling of stands. You cannot officiate or review these catch/no catch calls in slow motion. They have to be looked at in real time. That is how the officials on the field do it and that's how replay does it. The receiver did not have control of the ball long enough to "perform an act common to the game" before the defender knocked the ball out of his hands.

That was the play, the defender. Yeah it sucks for the receiver that dropped the pass, but the real "hero" in that play was the defender who made a just a spectacular, heads up, play.

Last edited:
Well I didn't expect MC to get 45'd but I knew they were gonna have problems stopping both those kids from Strawn. Those turnovers really hurt them. But in the end, it was a heck of a season. Gotta keep your heads up high MC.

Now, I might turn into the most hated guy on here by saying this. But..... Does Rigdon stay in Strawn long enough to see all the records broken by his son or does he leave when he doesn't have solid players around them. Not questioning for argument or debate, just observing. Because, we all know... a Parent does whats best for the kid, but when said parent is a coach that can change things.
True statement. Only time will tell.

I don't want to take anything away from Strawn, because they were absolutely the best team on the field and they would have won regardless, but when Motley County's quarterback got hurt in the 1st quarter that changed their entire game plan. They'd already had a few passes dropped, one in the end zone.

I would've liked to see this game with both teams at full strength. I think Motley with a passing game would've kept it closer. Like I said, I don't think it would've made a difference as to the winner of the game, but I think it would've made things more interesting.

I have wondered the same. I think he will pack it up and move on based on his history. But, there are people here that profess to know Rigdon better than I. I'm sure they will grace you with their insight. ;-)

I have wondered the same. I think he will pack it up and move on based on his history. But, there are people here that profess to know Rigdon better than I. I'm sure they will grace you with their insight. ;-)
I wish you knew why he left RS lmbo

He would still be there had they treated him and his family fairly. He did not want out in fact he stayed home with pay and not allowed on school property for the whole school year to let his kids finish the year had he just been allowed to be a active employee and assistant he would still be a coyote and they would have another trophy. This fake news you share about he wanted out is ridiculous.

They have been embraced and treated great in Strawn they won’t leave.

He would still be there had they treated him and his family fairly. He did not want out in fact he stayed home with pay and not allowed on school property for the whole school year to let his kids finish the year had he just been allowed to be a active employee and assistant he would still be a coyote and they would have another trophy. This fake news you share about he wanted out is ridiculous.

I have not shared any fake news. That seems to be your role here. Let it go dude. Nobody except you gives a rats behind about the supposed RS / Rigdon drama.

He seems to move around a lot. My opinion (I made that very clear) is that he will not stay in Strawn for long based on his past. That has nothing to do with Richland Springs. It has everything to do with opportunity. So shut the eff up about it.

Last edited:
I have not shared any fake news. That seems to be your role here. Let it go dude. Nobody except you gives a rats behind about the supposed RS / Rigdon drama.

He seems to move around a lot. My opinion (I made that very clear) is that he will not stay in Strawn for long based on his past. That has nothing to do with Richland Springs. It has everything to do with opportunity. So shut the eff up about it.
Aww your a sensitive coyote supporter

Bold statement cotton bold statement. But maybe so. He is a naturally gifted athlete. Football is over for now. Honestly have you seen that kid play basketball. Sheeeesh forget football. kid needs to be in a 3a-5a school balling. Somebody told me he scored something like 40+ in a jr high game a few years back and from a small video sample I saw from someone. Scoring that many points alone in a jr high game is an amazing feat in itself considering the quarter lengths. So I’m sure we’ll be hearing about it now that his bigger passion I would assume has come. Strawn might be in for a run at basketball.

Bold statement cotton bold statement. But maybe so. He is a naturally gifted athlete. Football is over for now. Honestly have you seen that kid play basketball. Sheeeesh forget football. kid needs to be in a 3a-5a school balling. Somebody told me he scored something like 40+ in a jr high game a few years back and from a small video sample I saw from someone. Scoring that many points alone in a jr high game is an amazing feat in itself considering the quarter lengths. So I’m sure we’ll be hearing about it now that his bigger passion I would assume has come. Strawn might be in for a run at basketball.
He’s scored over 50 more than once in Jr High. He’s definitely a better basketball player

Somebody on one of these threads mentioned the post game "presser" or interview of the coaches/teams. I've googled that in several combinations or words but this short game highlights video Is all I found. Does anyone else know of links to the post game interviews of the Coaches/teams as in recent years?

Back