Strawn vs. Follett

FCSA football

Six-man fan
I was talking to a friend of mine from the north side of the state. He is someone who has been around Sixman football a long time and I respect his opinions. He described the Follett team as “a bunch of rabbits that just might surprise Strawn. I was shocked but I know he believes it and I value his knowledge. Strawn by 30 ?
Maybe not. It depends on if the greyhounds can catch all those “rabbits “ I guess.

FCSA football":32ls165d said:
I was talking to a friend of mine from the north side of the state. He is someone who has been around Sixman football a long time and I respect his opinions. He described the Follett team as “a bunch of rabbits that just might surprise Strawn. I was shocked but I know he believes it and I value his knowledge. Strawn by 30 ?
Maybe not. It depends on if the greyhounds can catch all those “rabbits “ I guess.

Panthers are now rabbit's jumping around dodging Greyhounds?

I imagine the Hounds will take the Panthers more seriously than that and vice versa.

When he used the term “rabbits” he was referring to overall team size and speed vs. Strawn. I don’t know what Strawn’s overall team speed is. According to him it might turn out to be more of a track meet than a football game.
We will see on Wednesday.

I have watched those Strawn boys chase down some very fast rabbits this year. I think this is one of the fastest overall Strawn teams I have ever watched. I hope it is a good game and safe travels for all. I hope the hounds can finally pull off the back to back state championship.

Strawn ends the game early in the 3rd or even by half. All strawn starters offense and defense played in last years title and knows what it takes to win it. Strawn goes on and claims there 4th title. Follett is big and good speed but I don’t think seen a defense that atacks the ball like strawn and there offense that looks like a well oil machine. Strawn head coach has done nothing beside build a power house in strawn and don’t get the credit that he deserves. Hell of a job to the coaching staff in Strawn.

Follett’s
Head Coach’s first year for Coaching Football at any level.
He has coached Basketball for several years . Including Coaching Canadian Tx .( 2A ) to two State championships. I find this interesting.

Follett’s
He has coached Basketball for several years . Including Coaching Canadian Tx .( 2A ) to two State championships. I find this interesting.

Wego4it":2pz29i7r said:
Follett’s

He was an assistant on several Six-Man staffs previously including a previous stint in Follett. This is his first football coaching job as a head coach but he took over a program in good shape and it’s pretty apparent that the kids bought into it.

MilfordInsider said:
Ball control only works if you can slow strawn down on offense.... that’s beyond a tall task. Good luck to both teams.[/quote

Well, y 'all should know. But I think Coach Cervantes swarming defense deserves equal credit. It gives the offense the opportunity to score often by shutting down opposing offenses, thus preventing any ball control by them.

I believe the "toy" missed the spread on this game pretty bad. If Strawn only wins by 30, it will be because coach Lee plays the second and third stringers for three quarters!

I hope Follet pulls this out. Not because I dislike Strawn but because I’ll cheer for the underdog. Follets biggest struggle will be slowing Strawns offense and no team in DII has been remotely successful in doing that. It seems like In nearly every game I’ve watched that a new name is mentioned for Strawn. In one game Hodkins is mentioned, in another Frogga is mentioned, then there’s two other kids that are mentioned (no disrespect meant by misspelling last names or not remembering kids). My point is that in the six man arena a team can, and often do, ride the coat tails of a stud. They can be good teams but there’s that one player you know you have to slow down, such as the Amherst team of the mid 90’s (Dwayne Miles). Strawn pulls this out relatively easily because they don’t just have a standout player, they have standout players. Take away any two of these 4 players I’m thinking of for the entire season and Strawn is still playing in the Championship game.
Slow down Strawn’s offense!!!! Good luck with that!! I’d love to see some numbers on the times Strawn (with the starters in) have had to punt or turned the ball over on downs this entire season against DII schools. I’ll bet you can count them on your fingers.

Watch Time of Possession of this game

It is hard to argue against bigbadwolf's points about Strawn, however I will make two observations:

1. Follett's defense held Motley County, who was averaging 69.75 points a game to just 18
-to this point yes Strawn has way more weapons offensive than Motley did, but...
2. It is hard to use those weapons and score points when you don't have possession of the ball

Leman Saunders":f6kgg9u3 said:
Watch Time of Possession of this game

It is hard to use those weapons and score points when you don't have possession of the ball

You won't have to worry about that. Four and out doesn't take very long! Neither will Strawn take long to score.

I think this game will go one of two ways.

1. Follett succeeds with their game plan and grinds this thing down and keeps it close.

2. Strawn's defense stalls Follett's offense and forces them out of their plans and runs it up.

I do feel at the end of the day defense will win this championship. Follett slowed down one of (if not the) the best running backs in the state. Strawn is giving up an average of nine points a game in the playoffs. Follett is averaging 59.5 in the playoffs to Strawn's 62.25. I think Strawn wins but I honestly couldn't tell you by how much.

Back