Strange names dot Texas map

6manfootballmom":hysbwwtl said:
PopeBurford":hysbwwtl said:
Is Tarzan still on the map? Had a friend who claimed Dan Blocker grew up there. Although one of the towns out of Lubbock always claimed the honor.
The birthplace of Dan Blocker is in DeKalb, TX. That is about 40-45 miles from where I live.

But, Dan Blocker grew up in O'Donnell. I know old farts that knew him back then. If I remember correctly, they said his family ran a grocery store.

They talk like he was a prankster that often found funny ways to get into trouble.

I remember getting this chain email earlier this year or last year one...I think its funny how a reporter just plagerized it for an article!

Oldfatandbald-
When I was helping rersearch old and extinct schools I ran across an article saying Woody, Texas in Dawson Co. Played football. There was a few schools in Dawson Co. Back then you can't find on a map now!

oneday":2zbg6d9f said:
I remember getting this chain email earlier this year or last year one...I think its funny how a reporter just plagerized it for an article!

When I was helping rersearch old and extinct schools I ran across an article saying Woody, Texas in Dawson Co. Played football. There was a few schools in Dawson Co. Back then you can't find on a map now!
Things that make you go "Hmmm", wonder what the mascot was for the Woody's?

smokeyjoe53":2a1zgr93 said:
oneday":2a1zgr93 said:

Things that make you go "Hmmm", wonder what the mascot was for the Woody's?

Nah, it was the Woodpeckers....

oneday":yfb7rf59 said:

Oldfatandbald-

I don't know how many of them played ball, but there used to be a lot schools in Dawson County. Around Welch there was Mae, Lou, Pride, Ashmore, and Woody. I don't know if Grandview ever had a school.

We did a similar thread last year or the year before. Bigfoot TX = Bigfoot Wallace. Google him, Black Bean Incident, Texas Ranger (HOF), descendant of William Wallace (Braveheart). Possibly 1st caucasian in Palo Pinto Co. as a surveyor.

If we branch out to other states, since the thread title is about dot's on the map how about Two Dot Montana?
Other personal faves; Cuckoo Virginia, Boring Oregon, Toad Suck Arkansas, and Two Egg Florida.

Back