Sterling City at Water Valley - District Championship

fortyfived

11-man fan
Here we go.... week 10 pairs up WV and Sterling City, which are both undefeated in district play. Both have clinched a spot in the playoffs, but next Friday night's game determines the district champ and runner up. Should be a great game and hoping everyone is healthy and ready to go.

Any thoughts or predictions?
Can WV go 10-0 for a third straight season?
After Friday... bi-district play will be matched against either Rankin or Garden City.

I'm sure the WV will be favored by 45 but I don't necessarily hold to that. I expect a good game and I'm picking the Wildcats by 24 in the end.

I want to wish the SC Eagles well in the upcoming District Championship game. The EAGLES will be soaring into Water Valley to take the championship, should be a good game.

Best of luck to both teams, GO EAGLES!!

Attachments

• Water Valley.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 6,425
Thanks WV Backer......

So you noticed your flags replaced by SC flags, the track runner wearing a Wildcat jersey with white surrender flag, the Eagles chasing the Wildcats, the Wildcat with SC piercing in ear, the SC Cheerleaders doing the Eagle soar on your field, the baby Wildcat and helmet about to be dropped, angel cloud to keep the players all safe, and most importantly the EAGLE taking the district championship trophy back to STERLING :)

Glad you noticed all those things. Of course I am picking and rooting for Sterling :)

Should be a good game, may the best team win :)

To the best of my knowledge he is playing but not sure if he is 100%. He has played in the last couple games. Either the player himself or the coach would have to answer that question.

SC Eagles Fan":1pxanokc said:
To the best of my knowledge he is playing but not sure if he is 100%. He has played in the last couple games. Either the player himself or the coach would have to answer that question.
Thanks for the update and good luck to both teams. BTW I was VERY impressed with the new stadium and field in SC! Good work over there, very nice!

YW....

Yeah, the school did a great job with the facilities. I think it is great too. It still is not quite finished but I am impressed and so should everyone who visit's EAGLE stadium :)

I'm with you on GOOD LUCK to both TEAMS!!

What's cool is that Sterling City and Water Valley girls square off in a regional quarterfinal volleyball game Tuesday at 6:00 PM at Sterling City. I believe the Lady Wildcats will prove to be too much for Sterling City to handle. Nevertheless... it's a week of Wildcats vs the Eagles and I'm looking forward to some great matches.

GO Lady Wildcats and Wildcats!!!

Yeah, since you brought it up, it is cool. Here is the picture for the playoff game :)

GO Lady Eagles!!!

Attachments

• Reg QF Volleyball.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 6,123
Congratulations to the Lady Wildcats...... Good luck the rest of the way. Keep your heads up Lady Eagles, y'all had a great season.

As for tonight's game, I will be listening to the streaming radio coverage of the game from the ship :)

Here is the link:

http://975kgkl.com/listen-live/

Best of luck to both teams tonight in the district championship game. I will be listening and rooting for the EAGLES!!

GO EAGLES!!

Attachments

• SC DCG.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,946
Congratulations to the Wildcats.

Congratulations to the EAGLES too, you guys played great. It was a heck of a game. I was able to listen to the whole game on the radio. Rest up, you deserve it, and get ready for playoffs :)

Just got home from the game and I've got to say, this was not a three loss Sterling City football team that showed up tonight. These guys were every bit as tough as Borden County and I wouldn't be taking them lightly if I was Rankin (not that the Red Devils will). Hinderliter, Tatro, Block and Davis all played outstanding games tonight and gave the Wildcats all they wanted and more. They hit like a ton of bricks and are exceptionally well coached. Good luck in the playoffs!

As for the WV team, way to hang tough and not quit on each other. You came out after halftime, got a break or two and made the most of them. Maybe a game like this was just what the Dr. ordered going into the playoffs after a few games that ended early. Good luck from here on out.

Back