STEAK!!

oopty-oop

11-man fan
The best steak I ever had was actually at a place called "The Peddler" in Gatlinburg, Tenn. But as for the "chain" restraunts, I dont think you can do any better than the 16oz ribeye at Saltgrass. In my opinion, it is even better than the $60 ribeye at Ruth's Chris. <P>Where do you guys go to get a good steak... (other than the grill in your own back yard)??

I got soo tired of fried Baloney,I went to Spam and potted Meat....<P><BR>Steak,Yep other than my own,has to be Saltgrass.

Smoked Sirloin at Texas Land and Cattle is really good for a change of pace.<P>Texas Roadhouse is good value for taking the family on a night out (try the grilled pork chops).

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by oopty-oop:<BR><STRONG>The best steak I ever had was actually at a place called "The Peddler" in Gatlinburg, Tenn. </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Been there, ate that.<BR> :) <P>No doubt, one of the best.<P><BR>in no particular order....<P><BR>Hanilton House, Hot Springs, Ark.<P>Old Waverly Steak House, Columbus, Ms<P>The Peddler, Gatlinburg, Tn.<P>Folks Folly, Memphis, Tn.

Trying to pick a new place to eat.....<P>
finger_through_eye.jpg

Who here has ventured offroad and hit the bump in the road known as Lowake? I have been to many steakhouses in TX and can't find anything that compares to it! Although, I recently talked to a relative who is what I consider a "steak conasour" (sp.) and he mentioned that "The Gin" in Wall, TX is the best steak he has ever had. Anyone ever ate at "The Gin?" Maybe some of our Veribest or Paint Rock friends have been there and could give us an update.

ditto The Albany Mercantile and Beehive saloon. Really, REALLY worth a stop. Also try them for all you can eat fried or boiled shrimp on Thursday nights.<P>We ate at Lowake a few weeks ago and were a little disappointed. Not bad, but just not as wonderfully special as it was in the old days.<P>In Abilene, <BR>of course Joe Allen and Perini's have the broad reputation, but check out Joe's ex-wife Sharon Allen's Lytle Land and Cattle Company in south east Abilene near Shotwell stadium.<P>I've also had some really good steaks at Ronnie Ingles on far south Treadaway near the Abilene Country club.

Western Skies used to be the best place in San Angelo, hands down. It wasn't even close. But I think the original owner sold the place and I haven't been back since to check it out.

Back