STATE GAMES IN TWO DAYS AND NO CHATTER

You realize Longview’s best RB got banged early in todays game, right?
And had #23 for Longview not got hurt in the 2nd quarter, the score might’ve been more lopsided. Can play what ifs all day, you haven’t been right all playoff long.
Yes I realize he got hurt. He was out maybe a quarter. Hats off for toughing it out and getting back in there. “Haven’t been right all playoffs”? Nobody trying to be right or wrong. It’s a forum where we voice our opinions on who we think will win or lose. Think I have been fairly close from the beginning of the season. Question is where have you been up until Longview won? Not supporting your team or backing them? Some doubt you didn’t think they would make it that far? Obvious you’re a Longview fan. Congratulations on the win. Back 2 back?

The only dog I have in the fight is my longtime friendship with Covenant Classicals Coach Ronny Abrams. Through which I have become a huge fan of sixman football. Now I hear some people venting on here, and I understand why. All the chatter out of the South that no matter who came out of the North, they would just be lambs led to the slaughter.
So, I understand what the oldtimer is saying where have you been, before today. It would seem most of the active users as far as the private and particularly concerning TAPPS has come from the South. So, obviously they are going to favor the South teams.
I reluctantly picked Bracken based on their experience in a Championship game, plus the motivation of having lost maybe the most exciting sixman game I have ever witnessed last year against Covenant. But I know how talented Christian Heritage is. I watched their Regional game vs CCS last year and have seen them twice this year. I’m not surprised by their win. Should have gone with my gut that thought they would win by two scores.
Congratulations to Heritage. But as far as being disrespected, I think that would have to have been Covenant. Everyone was writing them off and saying Pasadena would run all over them, that they were the unstoppable force.
Well now, maybe now my friend might get the respect he deserves. Building this program from scratch, taking them to the TAPPS semi’-finals in only their second year of play back in 2014. To have to shut it down in 2015, re-start it in 2016, only to shut down again in 2017.
Then making the hard decision to move to TCAF until the programs numbers could sustain the program on a yearly basis. He reached the TCAF title game in 2019 just two years after his second re-start. Since returning to TAPPS in 2020., he has won three District and Area titles, two Regional, Semi-finals, and two State titles.
Anyone who watched today’s game saw complete domination on both sides of the ball. Covenant’s defense was stifling. As they constantly shutdown FB’s offense controlling their vaunted running attack in check. Surrendering only 16 points through 3 quarters of play. Hats off to FB’s players for fighting all the way to the end getting two late TD’s. Coach Jeremy Martin CCS’s DC did a phenomenal job calling his blitzes, sending heat from different places all day long.
Covenant’s Special teams were excellent as well. Coach Wade Jewett had them prepared, and quickly fixed early issues with PAT snaps and protection after the first two failed attempts.
Finally, Coach Abrams' offense was the well-oiled machine that it is week in and week out. There are so many looks, motions and route combinations. It is really a marvel to watch if you have never seen it in action. It just comes at you from everywhere. They scored on all but three possessions, one on a lost fumble, one rare Briley interception, and one on a strip fumble as the receiver was a half stride from a TD.
As one-sided as it was, CCS should've had 78. Maybe next year people will admit that the Cavaliers are actually good, and among one of the top programs in the State .But I doubt for some reason. No one wants to give them their due.

I will agree with @midcities 6-man fan and say CCS was in control at some point in the 2nd quarter and it was over at half even though they were only up two scores. CCS’s defense really shut them down and Pasadena had no solutions on defense. Congrats to Covenant Classical on their 2nd consecutive state title.

So, I understand what the oldtimer is saying where have you been, before today. It would seem most of the active users as far as the private and particularly concerning TAPPS has come from the South. So, obviously they are going to favor the South teams.
I know a bunch of the Sentinal folks just signed up yesterday, so the "where were you before today?" argument applies to them. I've been here all season and tried to warn everyone HCC was legit. I'm also a huge fan of Covenant and what Coach Abrams does over there. I would love for my son to play for him.

Last edited:
I know a bunch of the Sentinal folks just signed up yesterday, so the "where were you before today?" argument applies to them. I've been here all season and tried to warn everyone HCC was legit. I'm also a huge fan of Covenant and what Coach Abrams does over there. I would love for my son to play for him.
You’re correct, never heard of this site until a friend told me about it and all the smack being levied.

I do believe if Bracken had their full team it would’ve been different. (Yes I know injuries are apart of the game) But props to Longview on no one having them to win it all and getting there and beating a good team like Bracken!
Absolutely the game could’ve been different. Not having one of their top players hurt Bracken, but don’t ignore the fact that Cason Owens had 99 yds rushing on Christian Heritage’s first 2 plays from scrimmage (63 yd TD and 36 yd carry). He hurt his ankle on their second drive and was limping badly and didn’t play a large portion of the remainder of game so let’s not pretend that Bracken was the only one that didn’t have one of their top players available/at 100percent. The Sentinels had to change on the fly and that’s not easy at any level. I’ll counter your point with this, that if Owens hadn’t rolled his ankle that the Sentinels would’ve won by more than 16. Lots of what ifs, but that gate swings both ways.

Back