STATE GAMES IN TWO DAYS AND NO CHATTER

I think you might be underestimating Christian Heritage. I have seen them play twice they are very good. They have size, and are well-balanced on offense, and have a strong defense. I do think Bracken has the advantage of being here before. There is a lot to be said for having the big game experience, and the short week for preparation.
I will take Bracken in a close one, maybe not as close as last year though. Still one of the best six-man games I have ever watched.

Bracken lost one of their main playmakers in the Baytown game (believe the young man broke his leg) so heritage should be able to take advantage of that and use it to their advantage. But I still have Bracken winning by 1-2 touchdowns

Changing my picks
Division 1
Austin hill country over sugarland by 16
Division 2
Pasadena over Fort Worth by 8
Division 3
Bracken over Longview by 30

I'll be in Waco covering all three games. I'll have scoring updates on my Twitter feed (@txhsfb). We'll also have a photo gallery for each game posted after the games as soon as possible.

Houston Inside High School Sports was also working on a feature on Pasadena First Baptist and will be at the games as will have a highlights on their Twitter feed but I'm not sure of their timing (@ihss_houston).

I think you all are greatly underestimating the north. Longview has size and good speed and plays good defense. I will pick Bracken because they have been here before and Longview hasn't. Will go the full 4.Bracken by 14.

DII To be the Champ, you have to beat a Champ. CCS is a defending state champion and will be tough to take out. They are battle tested and don't rattle. Their offense is one of the most explosive in six-man, and their defense is extremely good. Surrendering only 16 points so far in the playoffs. No doubt Pasadena will put up points. But I believe Covenant makes enough stops to take this one. Plus, their kicker has proven he can win you a game with his leg, as he did last year from 41 out. I will pick CCS by 10.

DI I haven't paid close attention to but Hill Country looks to be the best in that division by far.Hill Country by 24.

I’ve seen Longview play twice and they are a very physical team. They dominated KPA last Saturday, shutting down Ben Lashaway. Anybody who thinks this game is gonna be a blowout is wrong.

Is there somewhere I can watch these games not NFHS
https://www.tappstvnetwork.com/TAPPSTV/

According to the TAPPS Facebook page here: It is a legitimate site

CLICK HERE FOR: TAPPS FREE AUDIO LINK

Last edited:
Longview wins 36-20. I guess we can put to rest the silly idea the north can’t compete with the south.
I do believe if Bracken had their full team it would’ve been different. (Yes I know injuries are apart of the game) But props to Longview on no one having them to win it all and getting there and beating a good team like Bracken!

Anyone know why they have a 2 hour gap in between these games? Only 6-man games being played today. This game ended around 1.
Why is D2 not starting till 3:00 instead of 2:00? More Wiggle room for warm up/pre-game stuff?

I do believe if Bracken had their full team it would’ve been different. (Yes I know injuries are apart of the game) But props to Longview on no one having them to win it all and getting there and beating a good team like Bracken!
Genuinely curious....have you ever seen Longview play? or are you basing your opinion on the prevailing notion that south teams must be better than north teams? Longview winning isn't a fluke.

Back