State champions repeat?

Texas Twister

11-man fan
Are there any state championship teams from last year that you think have a chance to repeat this year? I'm not sure who all the state champions were in the different private school leagues, maybe someone could help me out with that. I'm pretty sure Azle Christian, Waco Live Oak won state championships, but who are the other schools that won last year? And do you think any of these schools are going to have what it takes to repeat this year?

ACS is looking to have another great year, as far as repeating ....................im not gonna be the one to jinx us so ill let that be decided come playoff time and on the field

Lucas Christian won last year in TCAF division 1, and they're lookin pretty good. With Midland moving to TAPPS it clears a path for Lucas to repeat

TCAL Football will be very tough in both divisions; no one will have a cake walk for sure. Good luck to all the coaches, players and fans who play our great game!

Midway through the season, it looks like there will be no change in the TCAL D1 or D2 champions. There might be some good teams in the playoffs, but neither Live Oak or Faith have been knocked off and doesn't look like that will change this year. I say REPEAT for both teams.

With all do respect...I disagree!

Live Oak is very good but has to get by several good DI teams; 2 in their district. Tomball, Methodist Home, Allen Academy, FEAST and San Marcos are all in the hunt. You also have EP Faith that no one in TCAL has seen. I would say at this point; it's wide open!

Stephenville Faith is also very good! However, in this game - with 12 weeks to go until the state game...anything can happen between now and then! I wouldn't go bettin the farm up just yet!

Blessings to everyone in week 6!

If I had to bet a farm on any team repeating, in any division, public or private. I would pick Stephenville Faith. Sure, anything could happen, injuries, any given Sunday theory, but it would take an awful big T-bone for this team to choke that much. I'd put a season's worth of frito pies on it right now that they repeat.

I definitely agree with hornkeeper, Faith has a very healthy chance to repeat, and from what I've seen from Azle they should be the favorite for TCAF D2, right now D1 in TCAF seems like a toss up, but the Lucas vs. Dallas Academy will tell us a lot about how good of a chance Lucas has in the playoffs.

1st let me say I was wrong about Live Oak. Missed on that one.

But as predicted Faith took care of business, it looked like it would be a battle to the end with both teams playing great defense in the first half. But then it just opened up for Faith at the end, even without one of their best running backs( 2 time All State Selection, State MVP in 2011) and you could also see the work that they put in the weightroom really pay off. Even though there was some cramping, both of those boys pushed through, and had the hearts of "2 Time- Defending State Champions". Coach Martin and his staff have done a excellent job with those boys and it was awesome seeing those seniors go out in that way.

Dang, wish someone woulda taken me up on that bet, I like frito pies. Great job to Coach Martin, Coach Cherry, and the 2-time State Champions Stephenville Faith Knights.

Congratulations to Stephenville Faith for winning the TCAL DII Championship! They played a great game against a great team!

Congrats to Tomball and FEAST as well on a great season!

Good luck to the TAPPS and UIL teams in their final weeks of play.

It is a privilege to coach this great game!

Back