Starting them young!

So where exactly is this East TX 6man YL that you have been speaking of??? Been in ETx my whole life and I've never seen it. If I'm missing out on some primetime developmental opportunities, please, by all means fill me in!!!

Gordon
Strawn
Rising Star
Blanket
Richland Springs
Zephyr
May and Cherokee i think.
Probably missed one or two.
By east, he means east of Abilene, not east of the metro mess.

hornkeeper12":366npddj said:
Gordon
Strawn
Rising Star
Blanket
Richland Springs
Zephyr
May and Cherokee i think.
Probably missed one or two.
By east, he means east of Abilene, not east of the metro mess.
Aaarff!
What he said.

Everyone who can, please make sure you come to May, Tx on Saturday 10/26/2013. These youth will be putting their expertise and dedication to the sport on Exhibition for our annual Super Bowl.
Schedule is as follows:

10:00-11:00
Flag
Rochelle vs Santa Anna

11:00-12:15
3rd/4th Tackle
Richland Springs vs Gordon

12:15-1:45
5th/6th Tackle
Blanket vs Strawn
These kids have all worked hard to get here and this is the pinnacle of their season.

If there are any teams/schools in west texas that want to join the league out here, message me and ill get you the contact info for league.

I just have one question. Why do we play games? There are winners and there are losers. It doesnt matter if you are playing go-fish, horse shoes, or the Super Bowl, the object of the game is to win. With that said, it also has to be fun. If a person (kids included) is not having fun, then there is no reason for them to play. I coached my daughters 3rd and 4th grade basketball team. I taught them as much about fundamental basketball as I could. I taught them that you play the game to win. We didn't win a single game, but they played to win. They did the very best they could. Were they disappointed? Sure, but they had fun. I had a blast coaching them. There are always going to be those who take things too far and I know I am guilty of doing it myself, especially with my boys, I think it teaches young people to be overcomers and it teaches them about life. There are lines that need to drawn, just as Smokey was talking, Sunday games are a little extreme in my opinion.

Back