Stadium Capacity and Game Day Protocols

Wyatt-Riot

Six-man fan
The UIL is stipulating 50% stadium capacity for athletic competitions this fall. I would be interested to know how schools are handling this stipulation.

Rankin is requiring fans to wear face-coverings while moving and has labeled the stadium to 50% capacity. Masks can be removed while seated.

Red Devil Stadium
Home Population 50% Capacity: 450
Visitor Population 50% Capacity: 350

We are also promoting social distancing. We will have a concession stand. All concession workers will wear masks and gloves. All games are admission free.

I would be interested to know how other schools are handling this "stipulation".

smokeyjoe53":1m44b30r said:
If your not charging admission or preselling x number of tickets, how do you limit attendance?

One point of entry, one person with a counter taking head count entering, one person with counter taking head count exiting.

or

Have set # of tickets, hand out tickets at gate, first come first serve, you dont get back in without your ticket...like going to a movie theater

pretty simple if you have a two person team and a single point of entry

Our 11-man team is preselling 450 tickets (home) 350 (visitor). Season tickets are still available but no reserve seats. All seats first come basis.
I just thought if you had people just showing up expecting to get in that it could lead to a little unrest if they cut off admittance just as you got to the gate. Especially if you’ve driven a good distance....... Hope everybody’s plan works out.

What are schools doing, that allow people to park around the field? UIL states stadium capacity, does that include bleachers only, or everything in side the fence?

My plan for social distancing? Get there early, pull up to the fence. Go pee 20 -30 minutes before the start. Pound the horn every time we score. Leave at half time because it's over.

51eleven":1c7ujc3l said:
My plan for social distancing? Get there early, pull up to the fence. Go pee 20 -30 minutes before the start. Pound the horn every time we score. Leave at half time because it's over.
Going to pee 20-30 minutes before the start is fine but what are you going to do midway in the first quarter?..................

Assign one fence parking space per family. Since family doesn't have to distance, they can all sit in the back of the pickup together.
Booster club members can make the rounds selling them "Popcorn, Peanuts, Ice Cold Coca-Cola"! (And empty Gatorade bottles for Smokey and 51eleven!)

It seems many places are calling the seating capacity and the stadium capacity the same thing. It does not seem that they are because in our small schools there is ample lawn chair, tail gate or whatever type seating not in the bleachers. Yes yes I know you can probably find some where, some bureaucrat has deemed it so.

It seems many places are calling the seating capacity and the stadium capacity the same thing. It does not seem that they are because in our small schools there is ample lawn chair, tail gate or whatever type seating not in the bleachers. Yes yes I know you can probably find some where, some bureaucrat has deemed it so.

Regardless of who won, I am very happy to see scores tonight. Just curious, are any schools streaming games online? If so, I would love to watch some of those great western and Panhandle teams that I will never get to see in person due to geography.

Back