Speed vs. Quick

CT6MFL

11-man fan
I know I have seen discussion before on this. I also think I have seen it in a correlation of 11-Man vs 6-Man. So while day dreamng on the think tank, I came to this realization and wanted to know peoples thoughs on it.

Speed is calculation of a set distance in relation to time. So a straight distance of 40 yards in 4 seconds is 10 yards per second which is 25.45 MPH.

Average speed is a similar calculation over a non determined distance using predefined distance markers to make an average.

Quickness is not a calculation of speed over distance; it is a calculation of rate of change while the body is under load. I do not have a calculation for this but I pretty sure someone already come-up with it.

Food for thought anyway....

not sure if this is what you are looking for, but this is what I remember from my Biomechanics class

acceleration = change in velocity/change in time

speed =distance/time

Velocity = displacement/time

these are all linear equations

the angular equations are stored way back somewhere

Hope that helps

CoachHayes":3plqh79v said:
not sure if this is what you are looking for, but this is what I remember from my Biomechanics class

acceleration = change in velocity/change in time

speed =distance/time

Velocity = displacement/time

these are all linear equations

the angular equations are stored way back somewhere

Hope that helps

Coach Hayes....I see what you did there.

Here's food for thought on this subject, in 11 man ball a quick team can defend sideline to sideline which is what TCU does very well, in 6 man a quick team can defend a quarter of the field but if the speed should break contain its over. Now a quick team can play a very good game if coached well but if that coach is suspect game over.........

Back