SORTED DATA FOR DIV-II

shortround

11-man fan
Well, since most of y'all were talking about the playoff brackets, I decided to make an excel spreadsheet with sorted data obtained from sixmanfootball.com. It should have every team, and has everything from aor to offense/defense points to ranking, etc. Pretty cool to look through, I'm trying to see if there is a correlation between some of the data and what makes up a state champion.

Also, the spreadsheet is two sheets, so don't forget to look at the second sheet because that's where the majority of the sorted data is
here's the link (it's a google docs spreadsheet):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H0eWptC92REiXe7vi0dhcug69WNr9uuVOE3ZtRtYCA4/edit?usp=sharing

I'll be updating the spreadsheet in the near future with tonight's scores. Also just looked at some of the scores and New Braunsfels Christian won against SMHC 75-69 (or something similar)!! NBC stays undefeated at 7-0!

Just took a look at the scores from this Friday, a few surprises:

Spring Branch Living rock-74, Bulverde-70
//what a game! Didn't see that coming, so props to sblr! Looks like this district is more competitive than I previously thought...

Seguin lifegate-102, SMHC-78
//would have loved to see this game, although it's no surprise to me that seguin won. They look good this year, although I would have picked seguin's defense to be better than this game showed and that they would have won by at least 30 instead of 24 ... looks like it was a shoot out.. anyone have more details on this game?

Longview Xn heritage-60, Dallas Tyler st.- 13
//looks like it will be a good district title game between the two Longview teams

Huntsville AO keeps running like norm..
NCTA-62, temple-14
Baytown keeps running like norm..
Waco like oak keeps running like norm..

San Marcos had their full crew back, unlike last week against NBCA. It was back and forth for a while. 66-54 at the half with Lifegate ahead. Lifegate's defense finally showed up in the second half and only allowed 24 points.

Defense show up the second half and only allow 24 points. You mean their offense outscore their offense. You should not be able to use the word Defense follow up by giving up 24 as a positive. That's like saying Bill Clinton only slept with on 3 other ladies during his final year of his term.

Think on one of these threads it says baytown has only allowed 24 points all year long. Seguin baytown would be a solid matchup. Not sure if the way the brackets fall where they would meet but they are both small schools and would be in d3

Cougar1414":t2bzlwa3 said:
Defense show up the second half and only allow 24 points. You mean their offense outscore their offense. You should not be able to use the word Defense follow up by giving up 24 as a positive. That's like saying Bill Clinton only slept with on 3 other ladies during his final year of his term.

Best explanation of what six man defense needs to do came from an Austin Hill Co Christian assistant coach at a clinic in Temple many, many moons ago.

The coach, who was defensive coordinator and had 11 man experience, explained that he had went to his head coach at the end of his first season in six man, and apologized for giving up too many points during the season.

The head coach said, nope, your defense did well. My expectation that in six man, my offense is going to score everytime we get the ball. On defense, I expect you to get one stop every quarter. That means we win by four touchdowns.

And anyway, the best defense is one that gives up one less point than your offense can score.

Seguin Vs. SMHC - Difference was one word that has been left out... TURNOVERS.... Seguin had O SMHC had 2. Seguin played a very solid, well coached game & deserved to win. Very similar game to last years playoff between these two, except tables were turned. Seguin is a GREAT team, period. This was a VERY hard hitting game with lots of big hits on both sides, whoever plays these two had better be having their heads on a swivel.
SMHC was not 100% though, they still had 3 players out & 2 are season ending injuries from early on. They are 3 of their quicker players that are under classmen & will be back next year though. Speaking of speed.. Seguin has TONS of that as well. Playoffs will be fun to watch & full of surprises i'm sure. Gotta Love 6 man football. *** One final note... this is a rivalry NO DOUBT but pleased to see these kid's helping each other up after BIG hits, praying together & laughing together when game completed, & good sportsmanship all the way around by kid's and fans alike. This has not always been the case in the past, and there will always be 1 or 2 bad apples - but administrators from both schools got together last year & started a student "swap" for a day. It allowed these kids to hang out off the field and at each others School & get to know each other as more than just the competition & I believe was a success that other schools should consider.

[email protected]":16jx3r7f said:
Seguin Vs. SMHC - Difference was one word that has been left out... TURNOVERS.... Seguin had O SMHC had 2. Seguin played a very solid, well coached game & deserved to win. Very similar game to last years playoff between these two, except tables were turned. Seguin is a GREAT team, period. This was a VERY hard hitting game with lots of big hits on both sides, whoever plays these two had better be having their heads on a swivel.
SMHC was not 100% though, they still had 3 players out & 2 are season ending injuries from early on. They are 3 of their quicker players that are under classmen & will be back next year though. Speaking of speed.. Seguin has TONS of that as well. Playoffs will be fun to watch & full of surprises i'm sure. Gotta Love 6 man football. *** One final note... this is a rivalry NO DOUBT but pleased to see these kid's helping each other up after BIG hits, praying together & laughing together when game completed, & good sportsmanship all the way around by kid's and fans alike. This has not always been the case in the past, and there will always be 1 or 2 bad apples - but administrators from both schools got together last year & started a student "swap" for a day. It allowed these kids to hang out off the field and at each others School & get to know each other as more than just the competition & I believe was a success that other schools should consider.

We skimming over the "swap" history???

How bad is bad for that to be the solution? I went to a big public school and have a passionate rivalry but we just cancelled the game. This is like a ward exchange from the feudal age.

One stop for every quarter? Really? How many teams win state championships with that mentality. I know sixman is exciting with lots of scoring but at the end of the day it is similar to 11 man in that defense wins championships.

May have to agree here. Anyone can have a stud spread back and run all over their opponent but it's that one opponent that can stop him 2-3 times a game on fourth down that change the game.

Cougar1414":2cv6u8x6 said:
One stop for every quarter? Really? How many teams win state championships with that mentality. I know sixman is exciting with lots of scoring but at the end of the day it is similar to 11 man in that defense wins championships.

You know, if you go into every opponent's possession thinking that this is the time your defense is going to get their "one stop" this quarter, chances are you may get a couple stops each quarter. And if my feeble memory is correct, Austin Hill Co. Christian had some pretty solid teams around that time (2005-2007).

And yes, Defense wins championships. Offense wins all the other bowl games.

Sorry it has been so long since I have updated this, but I've updated it today.
Some pretty interesting stats have popped up.. like who knew that spring branch living rock and freddy were putting up that many points? Like freeagent says, defense wins championships, offense wins the other bowl games- so with that in mind, I like looking at the difference column, which I think gives us a somewhat of a better picture on how the team is overall defensively and offensively. Also keep in mind that points and stats aren't everything, that's why games are played on the field, not paper.
Another trend I see is longview christian heritage consistently near the top.. as of now, I think they are my favorite to win that district- now are they DII or DIII? I think they are a sleeper pick for the playoffs. THAT BEING SAID, they have the worst AOR out of all the teams, so maybe if you were to put them into a different district, they wouldn't be as good looking on paper.

Seen them play a few times. They're way over rated. They have one kid that is the whole team and the only team they've played any good is Union Hill and they lost 45-0.

Back