Small town diners

Not a small town but they do have 2 6-man teams now. Or, passing thru...
Fuzzy's in Stephenville. After the weather cools a bit the patio is pretty cool. And the tacos are pretty good.

51eleven":2w8od6cz said:
Not a small town but they do have 2 6-man teams now. Or, passing thru...
Fuzzy's in Stephenville. After the weather cools a bit the patio is pretty cool. And the tacos are pretty good.
Fuzzy's are poppin up all over.
Doesn't count.

Yew knowd, I done like yew 51Eleven4719hut, hut, hut, but yew iz crazy if yew put Fuzzy's in the catergorie of good. It iz done passable, but iz a chain that tries to act like a taqueria iz bout as close to a taqueria as I done iz to a movie star. Best small town eatery I done been to lately iz Hwy 87 café in Brady. Best Mexican in a 60 mile radius and hamburger the size of a manhole cover. And the best part--cheep. The feller that iz acookin' has just got whatever that iz that done make a feller a cook. Jest fer instance, he done uses poblanos instead of bell pepper in hiz version of fajitas and it done makes all the difference. Give me a charred poblano over a pedestrian bell pepper any day. And the beans, well, let me jest done say there iz the rite amount of lard that make refrieds whut refrieds iz supposed to done be. Thiz place iz rub it on yur forehead and beat yur brains out with yur tongue tryin' to lick off good. Four hogtroughs out of five fer this gem of a place.

Anuther great place iz in San Saba--The Corner Café. It iz a reel taqueria, but sooooo much more. They done do specials everyday and it iz easily the best place in San Saba. On Fridays yew can done git yur catfish fried or grilled, grilled shrimp, brisket, barbacoa. Hells bells, The Corner Café iz the Sam's Club of taquerias. And the best part iz this: yew can done git the wisdom of Mr. San Saba hisself, Mr. Larry Hibler.

PS--The English Pea salad will done make yew jump up and salute the Queen.

In them cities people who done talk bout food, dream bout food, eat food, and then eat too much food, iz knowd as "foodies". Out here in the rural parts of the land of the free and the home of the brave we iz jest knowd as "pigs".

I done hate to admit it, but southern Concho has done got one of the best as well. City Limits iz good food. 3 out 5 hog troughs good. Even the presence of Shorty can't hold back thiz place. Although he prolly duz try to git the cooks and wait staff to run the star drill and 3 man weave before ever shift.

Rockin R5 in Santa Anna is great, Stagecoach in RS is good, but dont nobody but locals know it exsist
And you iz rite Goob, 87 in Brady is (was) our little secret

Back