Sixman Peewee

I bet someone can get ya in contact with leagues out your direction.

Start talking about getting it started with parents and start organizing it. The more organized and planning you do the easier it is.

Not sure how far you are wanting to travel but i know that Covington, Blum, Milford, and a couple others play in a 6man peewee league. You can check with joining them.

If you want to go the other way there is also another league that plays around the Brownwood/San Angelo area.... which Gordon and Strawn play in. You might get some interest stirred up with Jonesboro too. Home games rotate between the towns involved until the playoffs. There is a north and south division right now. Talk to SixManPhotoGuy .
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=828

Is it to late to play any games this season and what are the age and weight classifications for leagues? Also what are the average team fees to join a league?

Garrett2810":3vv84lp7 said:
Is it to late to play any games this season and what are the age and weight classifications for leagues? Also what are the average team fees to join a league?

We have been doing a "league" in Crowell for two years now after a few years hiatus. We don't belong to any proper league as we are the only Six Man team in our immediate area despite many attempts to get other communities involved. We follow basic "Top of Texas" rules and play 1st-5th graders who can pass a physical. We do a sign up just before school starts and had our first practice yesterday. We charge $40 per player and provide all the gear necessary (except cleats which we don't require, but most boys wear them) which I understand is quite a bit less than other towns. The boys get a game jersey with their name on it to keep at the end of the season that is included in that $40 fee. Of course, with this, there is a lot of fundraising and parent involvement to offset the cost of equipment. Hope that answers some of your questions.

It's looking like were gonna have to start doing fundraisers and stuff right now to buy all the equipment and will not play this season. We will be playing next season and will need to join a league reasonably close to Oglesby.

It's looking like were gonna have to start doing fundraisers and stuff right now to buy all the equipment and will not play this season. We will be playing next season and will need to join a league reasonably close to Oglesby.

Get your feet in with B and B athletics in waco. They sponsor alot of pee wee and little league stuff. Or atleast they used to. Never hurts to try.

I know alot of folks can't afford the $400, but having your 501c3 non profit status makes it better on your team for donations, since the organizations donating can write it off on their tax returns. It also makes anything you buy to support your organization tax expempt.

You can also have the little ones come together as a unit and do something for the community. It not only instills good values in the kids, but the communities will take note:)

I know at one time some of the families in Buckholts were looking at trying to get into pee wee football. It would be nice to get Jonesborro, Oglesby, Buckholts and Calvert playing. Im pretty sure Temple Holy Trinity, maybe even the Home schools in the area has some young ones as well.

alright im off my soap box...
commish out..........

I have another question in this peewee is it broke down my ages or grades or do you put all the kids in elementary on one team? If anybody runs a league can we get in contact to discuss joining next season?

K - 2nd usually plays flag football, then there is a 3rd/4th tackle team in and 5/6th team. Sometimes, if a school's 6th grade is playing with the jr high, you may see a 3rd-5th team instead. or the 5th grade may not play, depending on the league.

That is the case for us as well, but often many of the parents try to get thier child to focus on Jr High, and worry about overwork or injury, so we have rarely seen the 6th play if they were eligible to play with Jr High.

Back