granger

Six-man expert
Founder
Throckmorton d. Valley (W14, 60-48)
Valley d. Jonesboro (W0, 37-28)
Jonesboro d. Abbott (W6, 62-46)

so logically Throckmorton should defeat Abbott

but

Abbott d. Dallas The Covenant (W0, 44-36)
Dallas The Covenent d. Throckmorton (W2, 80-76)
soooooo

Very true..I believe in the Throckmorton Dallas Covenant game that Throckmorton had 8 or 9 turnovers. I am definitely not taking anything away from DC but I think Throckmorton has drastically reduced the turnovers since then. This should be a great game with two quality teams battling it out.

statsman":18gjmvlj said:
Very true..I believe in the Throckmorton Dallas Covenant game that Throckmorton had 8 or 9 turnovers. I am definitely not taking anything away from DC but I think Throckmorton has drastically reduced the turnovers since then. This should be a great game with two quality teams battling it out.

Thought I'd chime in before the Throck turnover total vs. DC grows beyond 10 ..... :)

Throck had 6 interceptions --- 2 on 4th & long situations & 1 on the last play of the game ....

Covenant also lost 2 fumbles ....

If I'm not mistaken, Throck was using a different qb when they played DC. I think the turnovers they had versus DC is kind of a moot point heading into the finals - unless the new qb gets hurt.

But I could be wrong.

I think the Throck - Covenant game suggests that if you have a chance to close out a really good team, you better take it. If, that is, you place any importance on non-district games or rankings.

smokeyjoe53":3k9s9ed2 said:
I think the Throck - Covenant game suggests that if you have a chance to close out a really good team, you better take it. If, that is, you place any importance on non-district games or rankings.
I agree Smokey, when you play a high caliber team a 20-30 point lead can be erased in minutes !!!

longhornfan1970":2h4zkudf said:
smokeyjoe53":2h4zkudf said:
I agree Smokey, when you play a high caliber team a 20-30 point lead can be erased in minutes !!!
Several years ago there was 24 points scored by both teams in 26 seconds just before the half at a RS - Trinidad playoff game

I will say this... If the Oliver kid was not the QB when they played DC, I do understand why the score is what it was.... The Throck QB, Oliver, does not receive enough credit. The young man is an awesome QB. Excellent in the pocket, and on the move. His passes are something to watch as well.

older than dirt":2zn7vrc0 said:
longhornfan1970":2zn7vrc0 said:
smokeyjoe53":2zn7vrc0 said:
Several years ago there was 24 points scored by both teams in 26 seconds just before the half at a RS - Trinidad playoff game

In one play off game I was at there were 62 points scored in a little over three minutes. the one scored 32 of the 40 points they scored in that game in that craziness.

granger":2kodhcop said:
Throckmorton d. Valley (W14, 60-48)
Valley d. Jonesboro (W0, 37-28)
Jonesboro d. Abbott (W6, 62-46)

so logically Throckmorton should defeat Abbott

but

Abbott d. Dallas The Covenant (W0, 44-36)
Dallas The Covenent d. Throckmorton (W2, 80-76)
soooooo

Soooo.... there's something even the Guru can't quantify? This is a rare occasion. But I thought the number cruncin machine (some call it the Toy) already decided it.

Back