Sink hole under Richland Springs trophy display

Klaactu

Six-man fan
News flash! Due to the weight of all the sports trophies on display in Richland Springs, a sink hole developed under the display case, causing the trophy display to drop straight down into Dry Creek, opening a crack in the bed rock, out of which came a gusher of clear, cool water: enough for the whole county to access. Now people can move back to Richland Springs and the school's number of students will make Richland a 2A or 3A school. This is the only thing that could happen to put an end to one of the most powerful Texas 1A football program in the history of sports (IMHO), but given the tradition and fierce pride of that school, they would keep winning in their new classification.

That is a good story for sure. I thought an old timer once told me ages ago that San Saba county has more springs and aquifers then any other county in texas and that Richland was on top of a giant lake.? Wonder how true that is. Oakwood might have shed some light on how to dam up those springs. While I don’t believe you can just stop tradition you can definitely defeat it.

News flash! Due to the weight of all the sports trophies on display in Richland Springs, a sink hole developed under the display case, causing the trophy display to drop straight down into Dry Creek, opening a crack in the bed rock, out of which came a gusher of clear, cool water: enough for the whole county to access. Now people can move back to Richland Springs and the school's number of students will make Richland a 2A or 3A school. This is the only thing that could happen to put an end to one of the most powerful Texas 1A football program in the history of sports (IMHO), but given the tradition and fierce pride of that school, they would keep winning in their new classification.
why do you give RS so much credit....they have done nothing but recruited and cheated the system for years

why do you give RS so much credit....they have done nothing but recruited and cheated the system for years

6man Fan, below is the place to submit your evidence.
I will bet on certain occasions. I believe you have nothing. Care to Wager?

UIL Contact Information​

Mailing Address

University Interscholastic League
P.O. Box 8028
Austin, Texas 78713

Street Address

1701 Manor Road
Austin, Texas 78722

Phone

512-471-5883
Theatre only: 512-471-9996

Expand on that and end it with another trophy to throw on top of the debris and you have a Christmas tale for generations to come.
I really love all these smug responses about how Richland Springs takes care of business. Just remember there would have been NO trophy for Richland Springs without the Rigdons in 2019, not even mentioning the Valley boys. It certainly sticks in your craw and it should. Calvert would have won the semi final game going away without the Rigdon kids playing for Richland Springs. Then Calvert and Motley County would have decided the 2019 champion. Love that comment that Tebow didn't watch much of the 2020 championship game. Why? Balmorhea kicked Richland Spring's butt big time (painful to watch) and all the RS fans clammed up big time. Didn't see any of the RS faithful congratulating Balmorhea for a game well played. Now I need to see some of those GOAT tributes to build your egos up again. Time to pile own.

I said I forgot to watch (and it might be because I cut my cable since there is nothing to watch anyways) and never tried again or to rewatch because of the score.

Like I said, I just want a good episode of Texas 6 and hope the best team wins.

I really love all these smug responses about how Richland Springs takes care of business. Just remember there would have been NO trophy for Richland Springs without the Rigdons in 2019, not even mentioning the Valley boys. It certainly sticks in your craw and it should. Calvert would have won the semi final game going away without the Rigdon kids playing for Richland Springs. Then Calvert and Motley County would have decided the 2019 champion. Love that comment that Tebow didn't watch much of the 2020 championship game. Why? Balmorhea kicked Richland Spring's butt big time (painful to watch) and all the RS fans clammed up big time. Didn't see any of the RS faithful congratulating Balmorhea for a game well played. Now I need to see some of those GOAT tributes to build your egos up again. Time to pile own.
No smugness intended, consider it comic relief.

I said I forgot to watch (and it might be because I cut my cable since there is nothing to watch anyways) and never tried again or to rewatch because of the score.

Like I said, I just want a good episode of Texas 6 and hope the best team wins.
I thought a lot of episodes were good. You should try to catch up. Some sad ones some glad ones. Largely across the board decent. What do you mean by a good episode??

I thought a lot of episodes were good. You should try to catch up. Some sad ones some glad ones. Largely across the board decent. What do you mean by a good episode??
Is the whole season on Paramount+!? They base the episodes off real life events, so I just hope the "Bad Blood" can be used to make a future episode better. For instance, the 20 seconds of Jerry Burkhart walking down to ramp at Shotwell made the Season 1 finale much better for me. I also thought Mike Reed, Gordon's Coach, was really good explaining the rivalry in one of the episodes.

Hrm. Respectfully, not sure you are on solid ground here. 9 championships is a great show of talent and hard work. Rarely can an organization cheat repeatedly and continually get away with it. I'm not one to rest on past accomplishments, I much prefer the here-and-now. From what I have heard and seen, this was supposed to be a rebuilding year for RS. Yet here they are in the semi-finals. That's good stuff no matter how you look at it. Regarding the Rigdons, there have been terrific players that have come and gone. Yet the wins keep rolling in. So, I'm not worried about that one bit.

I just joined this forum, so I'm not sure who your team is, but if you have a team in the semi-finals, good luck.

Is the whole season on Paramount+!? They base the episodes off real life events, so I just hope the "Bad Blood" can be used to make a future episode better. For instance, the 20 seconds of Jerry Burkhart walking down to ramp at Shotwell made the Season 1 finale much better for me. I also thought Mike Reed, Gordon's Coach, was really good explaining the rivalry in one of the episodes.
Correct it’s on paramount. Well I’ve finished them and both seasons are about the same IMO just different faces highlighted. Still a good watch.

That is a good story for sure. I thought an old timer once told me ages ago that San Saba county has more springs and aquifers then any other county in texas and that Richland was on top of a giant lake.? Wonder how true that is. Oakwood might have shed some light on how to dam up those springs. While I don’t believe you can just stop tradition you can definitely defeat it.
I can't believe you brought up something my dad told me about years ago. There is a well out at the Taylor place where my grandparents lived. Some geologists from A&M heard about it, put on scuba gear and down they went. They reported there was a big enough lake under that hill to launch a boat in.

I know this is not football, but did you ever year of the San Saba treasure? The story goes that some bank robbers hid a large sum of money under some rocks either around Richland Springs or San Saba.

Who knows the story of "Beat 'em Both." No-it is not about the next two games RS has coming up. You get the prize if you can name the town with the names of "Beat 'em Both" and - - - - - - - -. l

I can't believe you brought up something my dad told me about years ago. There is a well out at the Taylor place where my grandparents lived. Some geologists from A&M heard about it, put on scuba gear and down they went. They reported there was a big enough lake under that hill to launch a boat in.

I know this is not football, but did you ever year of the San Saba treasure? The story goes that some bank robbers hid a large sum of money under some rocks either around Richland Springs or San Saba.

Who knows the story of "Beat 'em Both." No-it is not about the next two games RS has coming up. You get the prize if you can name the town with the names of "Beat 'em Both" and - - - - - - - -. l
No sir I don’t know anything about the above mentioned, just what I remember hearing from an old timer. Just thought somebody might know more into it. Sounds like I found the right person and also a lot more history and legends of old. Very neat to know though.

l

I did hear about the oil and gas folks coming into the area north of Richland and were drilling test wells a few years ago. The story goes that the water was salty enough to support raising shrimp. I was told (by a member of the Taylor family) that there was fresh shrimp for a time. lol.

Back