Showdown

51eleven

Six-man expert
Gordon's undefeated. Some might say they've not played anyone. But their undefeated. 45'd several people. So has Strawn. But they've been 45'd by a top D1 team yet beat another. Both 45'd both district opponents. The stuff that addicted me in the 90's to sixman.
In Gordon Friday. Be there or be square.

51eleven":2odtputp said:
Gordon's undefeated. Some might say they've not played anyone. But their undefeated. 45'd several people. So has Strawn. But they've been 45'd by a top D1 team yet beat another. Both 45'd both district opponents. The stuff that addicted me in the 90's to sixman.

Gordon isn't undefeated. Check again.

Johnny South":2h4vah5n said:
51eleven":2h4vah5n said:

Gordon isn't undefeated. Check again.

Yeah, not my first mistake on here. I honestly thought about it shortly after I got up this morning but haven't had a chance to rectify it since, since you caught it first. To my credit on another thread earlier in the week I did mention Gordon was 3 points away from an undefeated season a little more correctly.

Strawn certainly isn't undefeated. Are they battle tested? We know both teams are well coached. And there is history.

I've not been to a sixman game this year because of my back. Think this one might be worth hobbling in for. The Hound's might need my vocal assistance on the Longhorn's home turf.

Lee and Reed have to be the two best sixman coaches to ever coach in the same county at the same time. Therefore, all I have to say is " Palo Pinto County ain't big enough for the two of " them!

TebowTime15":w5ugvm1p said:
Lee and Reed have to be the two best sixman coaches to ever coach in the same county at the same time. Therefore, all I have to say is " Palo Pinto County ain't big enough for the two of " them!

Yeah, I think it is. Last communique I had with Coach Lee ended with we are blessed. Coach Reed is from Gordon, proved himself as a player there if I remember right, elsewhere as a Coach at State with Rings. Back home. They could alternate winning State and I'd be happy.

The Strawn vs Gordon matchup has to be at the top of the heap. A couple of other honorable mentions: Balmorhea vs Rankin and Sterling City vs Garden City. Some really good games in this final week of the regular season.

I'd have to add Milford and Avalon to that list. And although it's not a prime time top ten game the Aquilla and Abbott this week could be added as far as rivalry games go. As well as the Bynum and Mt. Calm game Bynum could not only make the playoffs for first time in along time but have the chance to win a district championship as well

How about this for a Showdown?
Baird Vs. Irion County in the Sixman Bowl Series In Gholson on Saturday. Irion County ranked # 1 all season among Independents then # 2 Baird beats the Hornets by 22. Was it Luck, a Fluke too many injuries on Irion County Hornets ?
The Rematch in Gholson between these two new six man programs. This one is for all the Marbles!
Plus, The Six Man Independent Public School State Championship!
Emotions, Pride and Bragging Rights are on the line Saturday at 2:00 pm in Gholson! You don’t have to wait until December to see a State Championship Game. There are actually 2 as Midland Trinity takes on Tyler HEAT for the Private School State Championship in the 11:00 am game.
Be there ! The other 3 games will be barn burners as well. 5 games, one day Gholson! Be there !

Oilman33":cghb4fiq said:
I'd have to add Milford and Avalon to that list. And although it's not a prime time top ten game the Aquilla and Abbott his week could be added as far as rivalry games go. As well as the Bynum and Mt. Calm game Bynum could not only make the playoffs for first time in along time but have the chance to win a district championship as well

When is the last time Bynum made playoffs oilman ? And just looked at this district . Can Abbott still make the playoffs if they beat aquilla ? Or is there coin flips or what’s it come down to ?

1992 on Bynum and not a 100% I know they go off points in this district. I know if Abbott beats Aquilla and Covington beats Gholson then I believe it's a 3 way tie. But I think the way the points work Abbott would have to win by more than 24 points

Oilman33":2vyz3ejg said:
1992 on Bynum and not a 100% I know they go off points in this district. I know if Abbott beats Aquilla and Covington beats Gholson then I believe it's a 3 way tie. But I think the way the points work Abbott would have to win by more than 24 points

The Coaches won't meet at a café for a coin flip, a la Friday Night Lights?

I'm new to all this. Became addicted to sixman because I passed through Strawn on my way to - from Possum Kingdom in the 80's. Met a former cheerleader from there who took me to a Strawn - Gordon game.

Fast paced, addicting. Lot's of people for two such small towns, loud and enthusiastic. A broken leg. Then Clifton getting cursed in 03. Lot's of memories.

Gordon beat Strawn in 03 when the Hounds won their First State Championship, as well as when this happened again in 08.

They did three years ago. GATA, GATA, GATA Hounds.

2008 was pretty big. Gordon won at home 60 - 30. They knocked the Player of the Year to be, Johnny Abobtt, out of the game. After Strawn beat RS in a shootout in Hico they met again. This time the Hounds prevailed 89-58 in the QF on their way to win State.

51eleven":3cypu2b2 said:
2008 was pretty big. Gordon won at home 60 - 30. They knocked the Player of the Year to be, Johnny Abobtt, out of the game. After Strawn beat RS in a shootout in Hico they met again. This time the Hounds prevailed 89-58 in the QF on their way to win State.
Back still giving you fits?

51eleven":2icxx6bd said:
Are you going to make it to the big game? Stinker should be there too.

Back