Shocked these are open

Mr.6

Six-man fan
I amnew to the site, Milford fan, played for Coach Crumpton long ago and I love my Bulldogs..

I see some openings that surprise me..

Calvert- maybe the 2nd best job open in my opinion right now!!! Great athletes, lots of speed and experience.

Milford- Still shock this is open.. If I’m Milford and Johnson, I would hire a young AD/Coach that could bring excitement back to this town. We have been an after thought last few years and we are on brink of falling off the map if we don’t get this hire right. No old coach please! We took those Smith and Mcintyre years for granted.. thought it would last forever.

Benjamin- this may be the biggest shock to me… I was lost for words when I saw that the coach had left… this to me is the number 1 opening.. in MY opinion.

what do you guys think?

I was told it was HFB, unless things have changed recently.
CISD is seeking qualified candidates to Teach/Coach in the boys' program. The position will include assistant varsity and junior high football, boys basketball (possible head coach for the right applicant) and assistant track.

CISD is seeking qualified candidates to Teach/Coach in the boys' program. The position will include assistant varsity and junior high football, boys basketball (possible head coach for the right applicant) and assistant track.
Last I heard, Coach Thomas is
Looking for a head football coach… Calvert is open last I heard few weeks ago.

I amnew to the site, Milford fan, played for Coach Crumpton long ago and I love my Bulldogs..

I see some openings that surprise me..

Calvert- maybe the 2nd best job open in my opinion right now!!! Great athletes, lots of speed and experience.

Milford- Still shock this is open.. If I’m Milford and Johnson, I would hire a young AD/Coach that could bring excitement back to this town. We have been an after thought last few years and we are on brink of falling off the map if we don’t get this hire right. No old coach please! We took those Smith and Mcintyre years for granted.. thought it would last forever.

Benjamin- this may be the biggest shock to me… I was lost for words when I saw that the coach had left… this to me is the number 1 opening.. in MY opinion.

what do you guys think?
Maybe Milford should try and contact Coach Jamarcus Ashley, who was the Coach at Calvert for a bit. Young and energetic, great person & Coach.

There is a staggering number of assistant coaches that aren't moving up to become head coaches and I notice a bunch of head coaches that are going back to being assistants. Not even mentioning the coaches that are leaving education altogether. Hoping to see some new faces in the head scene soon.

There is a staggering number of assistant coaches that aren't moving up to become head coaches and I notice a bunch of head coaches that are going back to being assistants. Not even mentioning the coaches that are leaving education altogether. Hoping to see some new faces in the head scene soon.
Very true. I will say, it has to suck for some of these young coaches who get a chance and then non-renewed after a year. I've known many coaches that have left coaching/teaching because of this reason. Politics and admin in small schools can be ridiculous also.

Gotta give the young guys a chance. Too many admins think that greatness will happen overnight and it may take 3 or 4 seasons to build a program. Give a decent coach some decent 8th graders and by the time they are upperclassmen that is when things start to change.

Maybe Milford should try and contact Coach Jamarcus Ashley, who was the Coach at Calvert for a bit. Young and energetic, great person & Coach.
Coach Ashley would be a good hire, he left 6man for a reason last season though I think.. think he is staying 11man… Coach Adams from Bryan Allen Academy would be a good hire but doubt he would leave to come here…. it’s some good young assistant coaches out there in private school ranks… Dallas Lakehill, Lucas Christian, Dallas Lutheran etc…. all have good young coaches…

Gotta give the young guys a chance. Too many admins think that greatness will happen overnight and it may take 3 or 4 seasons to build a program. Give a decent coach some decent 8th graders and by the time they are upperclassmen that is when things start to change.
I agree, it’s really some great young minds in the 6man ranks!!! give these young guys a chance.. it’s young guys out of college and even grad school coming back to coach 6man and are just itching for an opportunity.

Coach Ashley would be a good hire, he left 6man for a reason last season though I think.. think he is staying 11man… Coach Adams from Bryan Allen Academy would be a good hire but doubt he would leave to come here…. it’s some good young assistant coaches out there in private school ranks… Dallas Lakehill, Lucas Christian, Dallas Lutheran etc…. all have good young coaches…
I talk to Coach Ashley every now and then, I wouldnt be so sure hes staying 11man... Right job/opportunity has to come that pays well. Think he would do great at Milford tbh..Adam's is another good one and like you said theres plenty of good, young coaches out there that are hungry.

I talk to Coach Ashley every now and then, I wouldnt be so sure hes staying 11man... Right job/opportunity has to come that pays well. Think he would do great at Milford tbh..Adam's is another good one and like you said theres plenty of good, young coaches out
I talk to Coach Ashley every now and then, I wouldnt be so sure hes staying 11man... Right job/opportunity has to come that pays well. Think he would do great at Milford tbh..Adam's is another good one and like you said theres plenty of good, young coaches out there that are hungry.
Agreed, would love to have coach Ashley here but any coach that comes here needs to know that we are rebuilding and a few years away, but we have potential with the right YOUNG coach.. blocking and tackling then go from there.. the right young coach with the right mindset and can teach good technique will have us ready to go by 2024

Back