Seguin Lifegate Clinic - 2012

freeagent

Six-man pro
Thanks to all who attended at the Clinic here last Friday (June 22). We had 97 registered and my count was 79 showed up ... all I know was at the end of the day, I was beat.

Will try to upload a couple pictures later ... but we had some excellent presentations from Wayne Walker (Seguin ISD) who started off the day reminding us to build young men who can "stand in the gap" and become good men, fathers and leaders. Bret Tyler (Valley) covered his 3-2 defense and special teams, Eddie Gallegos and Jake Barnes (Jonesboro) did a great job with their offensive and defensive game plans as well as chalk talks on breaking down game films and sideline play calling, Jordan Barker (Waco Live Oak) covered his offensive plans as well as did a couple chalk talks on logistics and reading defenses, and Phillip Hudgens (Austin Hill Country) covered his spread offense and talked about coordinating your varsity and subvarsity programs.

Should also send some kudos to Mark Coley, from Abilene Christian, who also attended. Mark took off with a Houston Texans helmet (comp of Riddell) as the guy who has coached high school football the longest. Also, Mark was honored by DCTF as the Private School Coach of the Year (DCTF hit the newsstands the day before). Cody Moree (Apple Springs) also went home with a Cowboys helmet.

Thanks to these guys for their knowledge ... I know people left the day with new ideas for the upcoming season.

Thanks also to the folks at Riddell All-American and Alert Services for their sponosorship and door prizes as well as Jerry's Sporting Goods, LSCSN.com, and the Dallas Cowboys for additional door prizes.

We may have videos out sometime this fall and if I'm crazy to do this again next year, we're tentatively planning for June 28, 2013. But maybe I'll get some common sense before then ... these Clinics are a whole lotta work.

Back