Scrimmages

At the Coolidge scrimmage with Austin Veritas, bvchea, allen academy

Austin veritas will be really good, ran alot of spread formations and some tight as well. Looked to me they had trouble moving the ball against coolidge defense while in spread.
Coolidge had 2 plays where they missed many tackles and veritas scored on them.
Coolidge passing game looked really good, looks like coach added better athletes up front and work extremely hard the past few weeks on throwing the ball , i think my jackets threw 5 or 6 tds passes in the entire scrimmage and ran for 4.

Allen academy has a good strong armed spread back and one pretty shifty rb.

bvchea will be decent once they get things figured out from the time in the huddle to everything else. Coaches spent about 35 to 1 minute in the huddle each play BUT it is a scrimmage. Guess they are ironing things out.

As for my jackets, defense look great, put aside the 2 to 3 plays where tackling looked bad. Alot better than last year. Welcome aboard Coach Cooper.
As for our offense, our run game was pitiful/awful/disappointing, OL looked horrid (guard play) and even worse was the QB/C exchange, WAY WAY WAY TOO MANY FUMBLED SNAPS (i counted 6)
Hoover looked really good throwing the ball as well as running the ball. Acevedo the back up running back looked good as well.
Once J Brown comes back, our backfield should be pretty good.
My jackets got a long ways to go offensively and hopefully we get it figured out.

I rate it as
Coolidge has OL work and qb/c work to fix but was slightly ahead of veritas offensively. Coolidge when they got the snap, they gained chuncks of yards thru the air or on the ground with hoover and acevedo.

Veristas has good numbers, very good defensive look, tackles well but looks to be trying to find there identity on offense.

allen academy has low numbers but has 2 possibly 3 kids that can play. if they can somehow get 3 to 4 more kids to come out for depth alone, they could be a pretty decent team.

bvchea plays hard, extremely hard, has a really good qb/sb with a very good arm.

Don't know alot about tapps but Austin Veritas will be a very hard team to put out of the playoffs.

your way to kind Ex Jacket, but we put the ball on the ground 11 times total with 1 INT.

7 fumbles from qb / C, 2 fumbles from Rb's, 2 bad pitches, and 1 INT

Heck we may have to ask our opponents if we can sit the football on our centers back so we can actually run a play

Ropesville looked very tough for it being their first scrimmage. They have very good size and depth. Play execution was solid, and I mean that. Coach Jackson is a phenomenal coach and had his squad ready to go. Much respect to Jackson and his program. It's very early, but I'll go ahead and say that Ropes wins their district.

Petersburg showed flashes of greatness but also many flaws at the same time. There were no turnovers and offense was able to drive at will, but many mental lapses on the defensive side of the ball allowed for multiple touchdowns by Ropes. Biggest takeaway is unfortunately the injury bug came around and took a big bite at us already, although I will commend the defense for only allowing one touchdown after losing 2 of the starters.
Eager to see how the team responds to adversity.

BC starting defense did not let up a first down against GC and I think only 1 first down to NH. Their d picked up right where they left off from last year.

Well Ropes came out being physical against BC tonight in the scrimmage. But when it came down to the live qrt. Borden County put up 32 points to 8.

Ok the score during the regular scrimmage was 8-2 (48-12) and the live qrt was 4-1 (32-8) they kicked field goals during the live qrt. I just rewatched it. And this was only the varsity score.

Milford looked very impressive in there scrimmage against Walnut Springs. Milford's varsity didn't allow a single first down to Walnut and scored about 8 or 9 touchdowns in 20 plays. Faster , bigger, and stronger.

From what I hear, the Jonesboro coaching staff was in attendance at the Milford scrimmage. Hope they are getting the track shoes out. These milford boys are fast! Blink and you might miss them fast.

There is one team in region 4 even faster than Milford. But, it goes to show track speed doesnt always translate to football speed. We are working to get our boys there, but we shall see what happens in the long run. Good luck to all teams beginning this first week of football season.

Back