Scrimmages

david9h

11-man fan
How did everyone look in their first scrimmage?

Trinity looked pretty good but I'm not sure we got a great picture because the teams we scrimmaged did not look very strong.

Okay guys, let's not all post at once...
Wichita Christian travels to Granbury Cornerstone for a 4 team scrimmage. WCS, Granbury Cornerstone, Stephenville Faith, and Founders Classical make up the field.

How did WCS look?

Anybody else got a report on how their teams have looked in their scrimmages?

Longview Trinity scrimmaged Dallas Lakehill, Dallas Inspired Vision and Willow Park Trinity at Lakehill last night. Titans matched up well against Lakehill and Inspired Vision. The last 3rd of the scrimmage they went up against WP Trinity and looked a little sloppy. Overall it was a good showing, a decent amount of work and everyone came out injury free (which is always good when scrimmaging).

One item of note - the coaches agreed beforehand that since it was a scrimmage, there would be no cut blocking and no crack backs to help prevent injury. Then in our scrimmage against Inspired Vision, one of their really big kids laid out one of ours on a pretty vicious and intentional crack back block. He even got a high five from some of his teammates and coaches. Our coach was pretty hot about it and the response from the Inspired Vision coach was, "Hey, that's football." Not if you all agree not to do it beforehand, its not. It was BS in my opinion and pretty low class on their part.

Went to watch Castle Hills and Lifegate scrimmage last night -- six 10 minute running clock quarters.

I think Lifegate won something like 5-0, but it was scoreless after 2 periods. Castle Hills will be better than thought after graduating a boat load of seniors; they are going to be a young team, but they will hold their own.

Lifegate still has to beat the penalty bug, they had a couple key plays overturned by flags. Not sure what Coach Rabon said at the break after the second period, but they hit stride during the last four periods.

I just moved to Minnesota, so I won't get to see WCS play anymore. I will be keeping up with their season as much as possible. Hopefully someone else can post the results of the Stars scrimmage.

WCS pitched a shutout against Saint Jo last week. The Stars scored on 8 possesions.
At Granbury, the Stars played really well. Live quarter with Granbury Cornerstone was 12-0 WCS. Live quarter with Founders Classical Academy was 6-0 WCS. I don't have a score against Stephenville Faith, but was told that the Stars were very successful on offense.

Back