Scrimmages scheduled?

smokeyjoe53

Six-man pro
Anybody have any info on upcoming scrimmages?
I understand Throckmorton will be scrimmaging Richland Springs Friday, August 19th in Richland.
Guess I'm getting a little antsy; controlled scrimmages are starting to sound exciting. Maybe it's just withdrawal setting in from lack of PBC.

was told today of a scrimmage on Thursday August 18th at 6:00 PM that will consist of Petersburg, Meadow, Valley, and Knox City to be held in Petersburg. Might try to make that.

Don Hardin
Abilene

Sorry Klondike is not involved in this scrimmage

Klondike @ Christ The King. Sat 8/13/11. @ 10:00am
Southland @Klondike Thursday 8/18/11. @ 6:00pm

These are our scrimmages thanks

correct me if I'm wrong but I believe

Paducah, Knox City, Newcastle @ Knox August 13 10:00

Paducah vs. Spur @ Paducah August 19 6:00

Smoky, What time of day is the Throckmorton and Richland Springs scrimmage going to take place? I will try to make it over there to take that one in. I hope it is not while it is still 114 degrees! You know, I can remember some hot days in the drouth of the fifties, and it was dry. The 1983-1984 drouth was also very bad. But this year, this is the worst as far as both hot and dry that I have witnessed in my years around central Texas. I will bring an extra jug of cool water with me just in case.

Don, hope you didn't make the drive to Petersburg yesterday. My understanding is that the scrimmage is today (Friday). Please hold off yelling at the refs for another couple of weeks!! LOL

By the way, I did this same scrimmage last year. I really enjoyed the 4-team format. All of the teams got in a lot of work in a short amount of time. It was about all we could do to get the ball set and ready for play, but that's the thing we do that the coaches like best!!

Howdy_85":2w41ws4m said:
Don, hope you didn't make the drive to Petersburg yesterday. My understanding is that the scrimmage is today (Friday). Please hold off yelling at the refs for another couple of weeks!! LOL

By the way, I did this same scrimmage last year. I really enjoyed the 4-team format. All of the teams got in a lot of work in a short amount of time. It was about all we could do to get the ball set and ready for play, but that's the thing we do that the coaches like best!!

I was there last year, too. Probably the best scrimmage I've been to in the last several years. But then again, scrimmages are about as exciting as Lawrence Welk re-runs.

I was there last year, too. Probably the best scrimmage I've been to in the last several years. But then again, scrimmages are about as exciting as Lawrence Welk re-runs.[/quote]

I don't know, that Jo Ann Castle was pretty hot. anda1, anda2, anda3

I am really confused as two coaches last week told me the scrimmage was on Thursday. I appreciate the heds up because I was planning to be there thursday at 6:00PM.

Don Hardin
Abilene

If you guys don't want me to come just say so. Don't give me false time and date. HAHAHA.

I just called the school in Petersburg and the Business Manager says the scrimmage is today Thursday August 18th at 6:00 PM in Petersburg.

Hope I don't drive three hours for my health.

Don Hardin
Abilene

I went and I witnessed four good teams. I don't know exactly who scored or how many times as there were two scrimmages going on at different ends of the field at the same time.

My perspective is all four teams had their bright spots but all got "lit up" at different times.
I based on what I saw would say
1. Valley
2. Knox City
3. Meadow Petersburg tie

That is not based on who scored on whom.
Valley looked great on offense and defense
Knox City looked especially good on defense, not saying they were bad on offense they just looked better on defense.
Meadow showed some offensive brillance with some speedsters, not so brillant on the defensive side
Petersburg has some big old kids and issued some slobberknockers on defense, don't take big as slow. They had a pretty good pass and run offense I thought.
All four of these teams go to the playoffs.

Don Hardin
Abilene

Back