SCRIMMAGE

EMANUEL

11-man fan
Well Coach Harris held a four team scrimmage that went well on Friday at 1pm. Willow Park, (Aledo) Arl. Fellowship, Irving Universal, and Dallas Lakehill. All four teams looked pretty good yesterday. Coach Peoples and that Irving squad had alot of athletes and played everybody close for a first year sixman program. Wow they had alot of speed. Willow Park looked like they were the strongest team, and Arl. Fellowship put on their strongest performance against them. Wow! Good job coach Gilbert. Class Act. Coach Harris offense looked sharp scoring every series except for one there at the end. Defense need work but looked ok. Coach P had Lakehill looking good yesterday. Yes they looked real good. My JV team at Glenview played their varsity last year against Coach Jackson down at Lakehill and lost by 2 the season we went 6-1 on JV last year. They will be ready this year in that tough district with Greenville and Rockwall this year. Good Job coach Harris, Gilbert, Peacock, Peoples, and Camel. We enjoyed good true Christian character on Friday. Thank you!!D.Coord

Was able to watch for awhile Saturday morning ... pretty decent start for a young team which could use a few more numbers (I think we're at 10) ...

http://www.seguingazette.com/story.lass ... 93c36534dc

Falcons have good start in dual setting

By Jason Chlapek
The Seguin Gazette-Enterprise

Published August 17, 2008

SEGUIN — Lifegate football coach John Rabon got what he wanted on Saturday as his team ran 60 plays against three different opponents.

Now if only he could get the Falcons to run every play to his liking.

Lifegate played strong against its first two opponents — Prairie Lea and San Antonio The Winston School — before playing fatigued against Corpus Christi Annapolis Christian in a dual scrimmage at Lifegate Christian School.

“The first 40 plays went well,” Rabon said. “But our last 20 [against Annapolis] didn’t look too good. We just need to get in shape.”

Lifegate battled Prairie Lea and Winston to ties before being shutout against Annapolis. The Falcons exchanged a pair of touchdowns with Prairie Lea and one with Winston before giving up three scores against Annapolis.

Matt Akin scored twice and hit Austin Swick for the third score.

“We had some pretty good drives against the first two teams,” Rabon said. “We’re better at running the ball right now, but our passing game will come along.”

Not only did Akin and Swick do well on offense, they also did well from their safety positions on defense, according to Rabon. Tackle Beau Hines also stood out defensively for the Falcons.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2008 The Gazette-Enterprise

By the way, Brenham Christian looks pretty decent; they ran one play that I had to stop over and look at Coach Headly and say "Did I see what I just saw?" Kid catches a short pass, falling down and laterals the ball as he's falling to another kid, at full speed, coming along the sideline. Perfect catch and the second kid is gone for the score. If I had it on camera, I'd put it on youtube.

John

http://www.seguingazette.com/story.lass ... 1b4fb2f9c3

Lifegate offense improves during dual

By Jason Chlapek
The Seguin Gazette-Enterprise
Published August 24, 2008

SEGUIN — With the regular season approaching, Lifegate football coach John Rabon felt it was appropriate to put his team through more game-like situations on Saturday.

So he instituted 15-minute running quarters for his team, Austin NYOS (Not Your Ordinary School) and Brenham Christian during their dual scrimmage against each other at Lifegate Christian School.

“We still need to get our guys in shape, and this is a great way to prepare them to play [on Friday nights],” Rabon said.

Lifegate outscored Brenham Christian by a touchdown as the Falcons entered the end zone three times to Brenham Christian’s two, and then pitched a shutout against NYOS while scoring four times.

But, just like the previous week, Lifegate ran out of gas in its third session as the Falcons once again faced Brenham Christian only to get shutout and surrender a trio of touchdowns.

“If we can learn to finish strong, we’ll be alright,” Rabon said. “But it all goes back to getting in shape. The teams who finish strong are in good shape.”

In the first scrimmage against Brenham Christian, Matt Akin scored a pair of touchdown runs and Austin Swick scored a third off of an interception return.

Lifegate once again was led by Akin and Swick against NYOS as they each scored twice — all on touchdown runs.

While the Falcons seem to be more efficient when they run the football, Rabon said that the passing game improved on Saturday as well as Akin hit Brendan Gravett for a 30-yard gain and Swick for a 20-yard completion.

Rabon also said that Lifegate’s roster will get larger as David McCullough, Joe Millican and Dennis Ricketts recently joined the team. This expands the Falcons’ roster from nine players to 12.

Defensive standouts for Lifegate on Saturday were Millican, Jonathan Adkinson and Beau Hines. Millican was a member of the Falcons’ team in 2007.

Lifegate hosts CASA at 7:30 p.m. Friday at LCS.

Copyright © 2008 The Gazette-Enterprise

Back