Schools Not Fielding Teams In 2018

djb0412":3bp26uea said:
-Gainesville Lone Star, and Marble Falls Faith are both playing 6 Man this year. They are both in TAPPS D1, with Gainesville in District 1 and Marble Falls in District 2.

-Carrollton Christian is not playing, I'm sad to say it has officially closed down as of May 25th. I worked their for four years, and I hated to see it close.

-I'm pretty sure these schools are playing because I have heard from coaches who said they are playing them: Dallas Academy, FW Covenant Classical, Plano Coram Deo, I have also heard that Garland Christian is playing a 6-Man independent schedule.

-I don't think Wichita Falls Christ Academy is playing, I talked to another coach in WF who told me they do not have a team.

Have you driven past Marble Falls Faith lately? They are definitely converting their field to 11 man; I guess they could play all away games next year. Either way, the flaming is going out on the MF Flames as a sixman school.

Seems like Klondike would be too far away. Probably Lamesa or possibly O'Donnell if they were to merge. O'Donnell is about 18 miles and Lamesa is about 17.5.

Old Bearkat":2mvnen88 said:
smalltown":2mvnen88 said:
I'm not for sure but I don't think Dawson will have enough for football or basketball.

That probably means a merger is in the near future...

Lamesa or Klondike???

I’ve heard rumors of a merge with Wellman in the past. I’ve also heard rumors of a merge with Lamesa that would have Lamesa ISD using the buildings in Welch as their alternative school. The official word for now is they’re going to have school as it has been with short numbers. My understanding is the elementary school has lots of kids.

TebowTime15":2izle6lu said:
djb0412":2izle6lu said:
-Gainesville Lone Star, and Marble Falls Faith are both playing 6 Man this year. They are both in TAPPS D1, with Gainesville in District 1 and Marble Falls in District 2.

-Carrollton Christian is not playing, I'm sad to say it has officially closed down as of May 25th. I worked their for four years, and I hated to see it close.

-I'm pretty sure these schools are playing because I have heard from coaches who said they are playing them: Dallas Academy, FW Covenant Classical, Plano Coram Deo, I have also heard that Garland Christian is playing a 6-Man independent schedule.

-I don't think Wichita Falls Christ Academy is playing, I talked to another coach in WF who told me they do not have a team.

Have you driven past Marble Falls Faith lately? They are definitely converting their field to 11 man; I guess they could play all away games next year. Either way, the flaming is going out on the MF Flames as a sixman school.

Incorrect. They hired well known 6 man coach Jeremy Wentrcek to take over. They are coming back to 6 man after being 11 man. They are making a turf field and it will have both 6 man and 11 man markings. They are in the district with Austin Hill Country, Round Rock Concordia, Round Rock Christian, and Austin Veritas. They are going to be 6 man for a while.

Back