Schedule strength

Let’s talk about Culture. WB in the mid 90’s was a tough football program. WB started football back up in 1993. WB was in district with Borden County and Highland. Both respectful programs and state champions. WB went thru a slump from about 2003 to 2019. I could be wrong but I think in 2014 or 2015 is when the current coach took over. A product of the mid 90’s teams. Is the W-L record something to brag about? To some no. But when you dive into it and realize he has been scheduling top ranked teams since day one. Ok it tells a different story. When depend on home grown kids year in and year out you will see hills and valleys in your programs. I think the last three years speak for what Coach Matlock has done for WB sports. I’m not saying they will win it all but I do know they won’t lay down and quit. GC, Rankin, May and KC have some great programs and coaches.

Don’t Believe in WB, it will be ok. Fuel for the fire haha

I could be wrong on the year. But I’m 1996 there was a three way tie for 1st in district - Westbrook 9-1, Highland 9-1 and Borden County 9-1. Westbrook lost the coin flip and didn’t get to play in the playoffs. I want to say that’s the first year BC went to state. Point is - WB always gets teams like BC, Ira, Highland, GC and SC. For district opponents.

Let’s talk about Culture. WB in the mid 90’s was a tough football program. WB started football back up in 1993. WB was in district with Borden County and Highland. Both respectful programs and state champions. WB went thru a slump from about 2003 to 2019. I could be wrong but I think in 2014 or 2015 is when the current coach took over. A product of the mid 90’s teams. Is the W-L record something to brag about? To some no. But when you dive into it and realize he has been scheduling top ranked teams since day one. Ok it tells a different story. When depend on home grown kids year in and year out you will see hills and valleys in your programs. I think the last three years speak for what Coach Matlock has done for WB sports. I’m not saying they will win it all but I do know they won’t lay down and quit. GC, Rankin, May and KC have some great programs and coaches.

Don’t Believe in WB, it will be ok. Fuel for the fire haha

I could be wrong on the year. But I’m 1996 there was a three way tie for 1st in district - Westbrook 9-1, Highland 9-1 and Borden County 9-1. Westbrook lost the coin flip and didn’t get to play in the playoffs. I want to say that’s the first year BC went to state. Point is - WB always gets teams like BC, Ira, Highland, GC and SC. For district opponents.
Agree 100% with every thing you stated. 1997 was the year of the BC Coyote. Such a talented team with McCook, the Baeza brothers and Ed Rodriguez, just to name a few.

Agree 100% with every thing you stated. 1997 was the year of the BC Coyote. Such a talented team with McCook, the Baeza brothers and Ed Rodriguez, just to name a few.
Thanks. I knew BC went back to back winning it one year and getting beat the other year. Just didn’t know the exact year. Yes they were loaded.

A lot of schools have that "NAME" recognition. They have same coach, they have been good for a while, take top teams the distance, beat top ranked teams, make the playoffs consistently, win playoff games, and they rarely get 45'd.

With that being said, what time frame would you snapshot a school to see what their "Prestige" might be? Kind of akin to the star ratings the old EA NCAA Football game gave each university. Your prestige would go up and down based upon each team's on field results.

Basically if a numbers nerd, (I might know one), were to dig into that info, what window of time would be suffice? 3yrs? 4yrs? 5yrs?
I say 5. My opinion.
As I stated earlier.. I would say a 4 year “rolling” time frame only bc that is all the senior leaders on a team would have played anyway. Think about even the stand outs as freshman rarely aren’t as good by the time they are a senior, usually they only getting better if for no other reason that the experience of playing all the games over 4 years. Just my opinion though
Week 1 2018 to Week 7 2022
2018 wk 1-2022 wk 7.JPG

Back