Schedule strength

Do not use “we won state last year “ and I won’t use the 67-63 record yal have over 10 year span . So if you can convince me why please do

Explain to me why we should consider Westbrook ? Enlighten me please .
Serious? If I need to explain that to you then you don’t know much about 6 man football. 🤣

Don’t consider them… heck don’t consider any of these teams out west for that matter. You’re totally right…the East has all the powerhouses this year heck I bet the 4th place team in any East district would sweep the floor with the best teams in the west. What was I thinking?!? 🤣

Serious? If I need to explain that to you then you don’t know much about 6 man football. 🤣

Don’t consider them… heck don’t consider any of these teams out west for that matter. You’re totally right…the East has all the powerhouses this year heck I bet the 4th place team in any East district would sweep the floor with the best teams in the west. What was I thinking?!? 🤣
My fault for thinking your from WB.I’m not knocking west teams at all they always dominate ! But this year I’m telling you Abbott and May will be the real state game

I’m also not knocking WB! They looked very good last year and congrats on state . Good luck to all teams . ✌🏻
You do realize the year before last the only team that beat them all year was the state champs..Sterling City. Then they won state last year. And now in 2022 they are one of the top teams in the state. So why consider WB? I think that speaks for itself. You can’t look at a 10 year history and determine anything about a present team. If you want to look back to try to figure anything out about a present team then 3 years is as far as you can go because 3 years ago the Seniors were freshman. Anything before that means nothing at all whatsoever. Even looking back 3 years is a stretch because kids change, grow, & develop so much between 15-18 years old. Granted it’s been a long time ago but we won 1 game my freshman thru junior years of HS and my senior year made playoffs. That’s the perfect example of why not to judge a team on anything more than what they have done this year!

Last edited:
You do realize the year before last the only team that beat them all year was the state champs..Sterling City. Then they won state last year. And now in 2022 they are one of the top teams in the state. So why consider WB? I think that speaks for itself. You can’t look at a 10 year history and determine anything about a present team. If you want to look back to try to figure anything out about a present team then 3 years is as far as you can go because 3 years ago the Seniors were freshman. Anything before that means nothing at all whatsoever. Even looking back 3 years is a stretch because kids change, grow, & develop so much between 15-18 years old.
Your going to tell me it only goes back 3 years ? The tradition don’t matter ? What about the culture ? We saw what happen to McLean could this be the same thing ?

Your going to tell me it only goes back 3 years ? The tradition don’t matter ? What about the culture ? We saw what happen to McLean could this be the same thing ?
No I’m telling you the last 3 years are all that matter. That’s the present “culture” for that locker room. If you wanted to go back 4 then sure go for it, but realize those kids were freshman so they probably had little to no influence on the “culture” or team. Why do you think a 10 year “sample” gives the best idea of a team when 4 years is all any kid could play? Tradition might carry a little weight but in all honesty, to me, it really doesn’t. Each year is a new year and so much changes from year to year. I’ve seen teams that were powerhouses year after year suddenly fall off the map and vice versa and that’s why I said go back 3 years at most if that is what you want to use to try to “judge” a team. Personally I think that’s over doing it, I look at them from one year to the next. Yes you can get a “feel” for what a team SHOULD be based off of returning players but by no means is that a guarantee they will or won’t be what is expected.

No I’m telling you the last 3 years are all that matter. That’s the present “culture” for that locker room. If you wanted to go back 4 then sure go for it, but realize those kids were freshman so they probably had little to no influence on the “culture” or team. Why do you think a 10 year “sample” gives the best idea of a team when 4 years is all any kid could play? Tradition might carry a little weight but in all honesty, to me, it really doesn’t. Each year is a new year and so much changes from year to year. I’ve seen teams that were powerhouses year after year suddenly fall off the map and vice versa and that’s why I said go back 3 years at most if that is what you want to use to try to “judge” a team. Personally I think that’s over doing it, I look at them from one year to the next. Yes you can get a “feel” for what a team SHOULD be based off of returning players but by no means is that a guarantee they will or won’t be what is expected.
Fair enough sir

Always a good time when new people show up and think they have something clever to say. Everyone knows Westbrook lost, we take it with a grain of salt, so should you.
Yea just for record May did not run through GC. I was there. I said after that game GC is tough they play hard physical ball. For me, it’s really scary how GC played such a hard fought game with us (May) then line up against WB the next week and play another slug fest and pulled off the upset. Respect to GC Coaches and kids.
But I’m just gonna throw this out there not taking anything away from GC. WB kid was not really 100% after his injury at least that’s how it sounded on the broadcast. No excuses it’s football. But reality is reality. WB lived that way last year until playoffs where it really counts.

Yea just for record May did not run through GC. I was there. I said after that game GC is tough they play hard physical ball. For me, it’s really scary how GC played such a hard fought game with us (May) then line up against WB the next week and play another slug fest and pulled off the upset. Respect to GC Coaches and kids.
But I’m just gonna throw this out there not taking anything away from GC. WB kid was not really 100% after his injury at least that’s how it sounded on the broadcast. No excuses it’s football. But reality is reality. WB lived that way last year until playoffs where it really counts.
Gc has culture and one of the best coaches in the game . Didn’t mean any disrespect.

But I’m just gonna throw this out there not taking anything away from GC. WB kid was not really 100% after his injury at least that’s how it sounded on the broadcast. No excuses it’s football. But reality is reality. WB lived that way last year until playoffs where it really counts

A lot of schools have that "NAME" recognition. They have same coach, they have been good for a while, take top teams the distance, beat top ranked teams, make the playoffs consistently, win playoff games, and they rarely get 45'd.

With that being said, what time frame would you snapshot a school to see what their "Prestige" might be? Kind of akin to the star ratings the old EA NCAA Football game gave each university. Your prestige would go up and down based upon each team's on field results.

Basically if a numbers nerd, (I might know one), were to dig into that info, what window of time would be suffice? 3yrs? 4yrs? 5yrs?

A lot of schools have that "NAME" recognition. They have same coach, they have been good for a while, take top teams the distance, beat top ranked teams, make the playoffs consistently, win playoff games, and they rarely get 45'd.

With that being said, what time frame would you snapshot a school to see what their "Prestige" might be? Kind of akin to the star ratings the old EA NCAA Football game gave each university. Your prestige would go up and down based upon each team's on field results.

Basically if a numbers nerd, (I might know one), were to dig into that info, what window of time would be suffice? 3yrs? 4yrs? 5yrs?
I say 5. My opinion.

As I stated earlier.. I would say a 4 year “rolling” time frame only bc that is all the senior leaders on a team would have played anyway. Think about even the stand outs as freshman rarely aren’t as good by the time they are a senior, usually they only getting better if for no other reason that the experience of playing all the games over 4 years. Just my opinion though

Everything before district is preparation for it. You play good tough teams, if you loose or even get your butt kicked you learn from it. Some will get demoralized and give up. Some will learn enough to go beyond district. "If we get out of district, anything is possible".

Back