Schedule strength

Wildcats5421

Six-man expert
As many of you are in your community, I am very locked in to my community and very involved with youth sports and also have a son on the Jr. High team. So when people want to come on here and constantly run that mouth about how Westbrook is over rated and over hyped it pisses me off to no end so I sat down and did a Little studying for all the haters that always want to bash us. People always want to talk about how good teams are and this and that so here is a little stat for some people on here.

Combined opponent records
D1
Westbrook- 19-6
May- 13-7 also very good
GC- 15-8
Irion County 6-14

D2
Benjamin 3-18
Loraine 8-13
Richland 5-14

Benjamin and Loraine will finally play some tough competition this week when they meet so we will see what that’s about…… I have my opinion but i won’t say it on here lol.

Our loss to a very tough Garden City team comes after 4 straight weeks of very good opponents that will all make deep runs including week 1 being on a Saturday against Happy and then turning right around the next Thursday and traveling all the way to Jonesboro to play on a short week. Then being in a dog fight with a great Rankin team. Then playing Spur team that put up over 30 points on IC. And Westbrook literally held them to 30 total yards of offense. Long story short people can say what they want but these boys have earned everything that they have received and will take this loss and move on. And be ready again next week for all of these Adults on here calling a bunch of kids over rated and over hyped.

I have seen the film Westbrook isn’t overrated and even if they were it should be that way as they are the reigning state champion. Westbrook is a very disciplined and competitive team. It is my opinion there are several others this year too and it will be a dog fight.

Loraine has played quality opponents, don’t let your “close” bias confuse you or others attitudes about your team. Loraine is a very good team and by far one of the strongest in their division it is unfair to compare them to Westbrook.

I also want to say I am following your point but most of what I have read from you has been somewhat “gloaty” and just as out there as some others. Continue to be proud of your community, and know that with success comes alot of “talkers”. I will be praying for your guys to stay healthy and competitive.

I have nothing against Loraine that’s what’s funny. There was thread where someone from Loraine was talking trash about Westbrook and to be honest I shouldn’t have even replied to it because I know the person and it wasn’t worth my time. I have someone who I consider a good friend that has a son that is a sophomore in that team. I’ve never “gloated” just defended my community and people don’t like it. And your right is jealousy because every year someone wins state and every jealous person in that state uses them as a target. So it is what it is

Anyone who thinks Westbrook is done wasn't paying attention last year. there are a lot more top-quality teams in D-1 this year and several could hoist the trophy at Jerryworld in December, Westbrook among them. Lorain will get a very stiff test from Benjamin. They have speed but are they tough enough? That question will get answered Friday night. Lorain has faced a far more challenging schedule thus far. D-2 is a five team race, or at least that's how it appears right now. Could Lorain and Benjamin meet twice? Possible, but it's also possible both are at home in December. It's going to be a fun ride.

Last edited:
From the Fence:

Strength of schedule is by far the best way to prepare for the playoffs. Teams that run the gauntlet against quality opponents week in and week out risk injury and the occasional loss but reap the benefits come playoff time.
I understand that putting together a good regular season schedule is very tough for coaches. Out here in the West we are very fortunate to have numerous top ranked programs to play against. We are fortunate that coaches here want those battles early in the season to test their teams and their game strategies.
I also understand that playing a lack luster regular season schedule and ending every game at halftime can hurt teams come playoff time. Not having that 4th quarter conditioning come November will show, not having the fight and determination it takes to drive the field and win in the final seconds come November will show.

I'm not usually one for "calling out" but I will say this......
Before you come on here and say our kids are over-hyped or over-rated, look at your schedule and look at ours, look and see if your team is tip toeing through the regular season while we battle week in and week out to get better. I will stand with our boys every single week no matter the outcome of the game because my job is to respect them, defend them, cheer for them, and be proud of them and their accomplishments, yes THEIR ACCOMPLISHMENTS....not my accomplishments. Ain't nobody on here getting a trophy or name recognition because of something you typed up to disrespect a high school player or team.
Be proud of your team and have respect for the rest because sooner or later all that talk will come back to you.
Karma doesn't sleep and she's waiting for you in the shadows, creeping in the darkness of November and December.

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks Westbrook is done wasn't paying attention last year. there are a lot more top-quality teams in D-1 this year and several could hoist the trophy at Jerryworld in December, Westbrook among them. Lorain will get a very stiff test from Benjamin. They have speed but are they tough enough? That question will get answered Friday night. Lorain has faced a far more challenging schedule thus far. D-2 is a five team race, or at least that's how it appears right now. Could Lorain and Benjamin meet twice? Possible, but it's also possible both are at home in December. It's going to be a fun ride.
You think Benjamin will be home? I know the schedule is weak but don’t sleep on this squad.

You think Benjamin will be home? I know the schedule is weak but don’t sleep on this squad.
Never said they would, said it's possible. Balmorhea will have something to say in the playoffs. I think the rankings are a good representation of where the D-2 teams are right now but in the cool fall air of November anything can happen. I know everyone is thinking they will be in Arlington, myself included but things can get crazy in the playoffs. I hope their weak schedule doesn't come back to haunt them.

Being from Loraine I still see these clown adults from Westbrook that can’t seem to keep their sausage eaters shut. No surprise. That’s all they do is bump their gums. Even about (kids). No clue who is this ruff neck guy is, but I don’t think he’s from Loraine. Regardless, just like u don’t like it when people talk about about Westbrook. Then u should keep Loraine out of your smart*** mouth as well. Stop assuming someone on here is someone u think it is. I’m 💯 sure u know who this is tho.

I know who it is but anyone can go read what I’ve said what I defend our boys and I always will. I’ve seen a thousand times people talking about us being over rated for what ever reason and I think that is completely stupid and I’m not going to stand for it. Whatever Loraine does this has no affect on us just like if we win State or lose in the first round it has no affect on Loraine and that’s how it is. Everyone just needs to worry about their school and that’s how it should be.

Every year someone talks about how the east is going to win state, and every year someone says how the west will win state……. Guess what nobody knows. Looking at schedules May is the only one of the two that has played a tough opponent between the two and a lot of times that catches up with people when all the sudden they have to play a good hard nose team. May has proved themselves this year, so far Abbott has played nobody!! And won’t until the playoffs. I still say there at least 8 teams… 5 from the west and 3 from the east that could legit win it all this year. Just like D2 I feel like people like Richland, Cherokee , Loraine from the east and Balmoreah and Benjamin from the west with in my opinion Benjamin being the favorite right now. The playoffs should be awesome this year with great teams getting an early exit in both divisions.

Back