Santa Anna vs. Gordon

Pick the Winner

• Gordon Longhorns

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Santa Anna Mountaineers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mountaineer's have been tamed in to days world but Longhorns are still running wild!
Good Luck to Coach Mallory and Coach Sizemore. This should be a fast paced game.

Don't know what will happen in this game. I just hope it is a good game what ever happens. But-------- Mountaineer's have and still eat Longhorns!

SixManPhotoGuy":1dx6soxw said:
Don't know what will happen in this game. I just hope it is a good game what ever happens. But-------- Mountaineer's have and still eat Longhorns!

that's actually true haha

I haven't seen Gordon play this year but if SA doesn't tackle better than they did last week, they might be playing BB next week. Hope not, tho.

PCPete":396chad8 said:
I haven't seen Gordon play this year but if SA doesn't tackle better than they did last week, they might be playing BB next week. Hope not, tho.

Yeah hopefully them boys do tackle better.. I think the coach probably got on em for that.. i know one thing they got a pretty good offense now gordons defense is good but it might be a lil tough to stop these boys. we will just have to see what happens and how it happens.

To the Santa Anna Mountaineers: I saw some of the biggest hearts of any team I've seen this year. Congratulations on an excellent season. #25, Valencia, that is one tough cookie, he could barely walk, but kept on keeping on through the pain. I tip my hat to you sir!

I fully expected Santa Anna to roll over when #25 went out for a series. But they did show a lot of heart and true guttiness to finish the game tough. Congratulations to Santa Anna for a game and season well played.

Santa Anna played a heck of a game and we fans are very proud of them. This season has been a terrific ride and we are already looking forward to next year. To the coaches and players, thank you for this year. You have shown what fortitude and faith can do. When now one gave you a chance, you stepped up and proved them wrong. Hold your heads up and be proud of yourself and know that you have made Mountaineer fans extremely proud of you. It will always be a great day to be a Mountaineer!

Outstanding game! SA never gave up! Horns looked great. Good luck to ya'll next wk. Hope to make it to the game.
Congratulations to both teams.

hornkeeper12":22jywxwu said:
To the Santa Anna Mountaineers: I saw some of the biggest hearts of any team I've seen this year. Congratulations on an excellent season. #25, Valencia, that is one tough cookie, he could barely walk, but kept on keeping on through the pain. I tip my hat to you sir!
Worked the chains last night and saw the heart of a lion on display. The SA players were totally dejected and ready to quit when Mr. Valencia injured his ankle. But then football karma reared its head...a soph Gordon kick returner fielded a kickoff from off the ground in the end zone then darted and danced around in the end zone where he was finally tackled and initially ruled as a safety. After a conference the officials changed the call to a touchback. Karma comes into play because the returner can legally do that and the call was correct but it did not appear to have a return avenue so he should have taken a knee. From that point it was game on! SA was down big but began to claw back into the game with Mr. Valencia carrying the team on his one good leg. In the end I got great satisfaction in watching his efforts AND the way the Gordon players responded to him. Before the whistle they still tried their best to hit him as hard as they could but after the whistle they went out of their way to help him up and congratulate him for his effort. It was really hard watching the final quarter and half, seeing this young man suffering in tremendous pain. You, sir have earned a tremendous amount of respect with the courage you displayed.

That was simply a case of that returner not realizing he was in the endzone... from my point of view. May have looked at the 11man markings... nothing malicious on that play....

My take on it was that the returner thought it should have been blown dead as a touchback, and when it wasn't he panicked and took off with it, or tried to anyway. It was most definitely not to try to decieve.

SixFan19 and hornkeeper12 ~ we'll agree to disagree here. He picked up the ball near the back corner pylon so maybe he did think he was in the field of play. Either way, I know I've been wrong before and suspect I will be wrong again sometime in the future......

Back