Rule Change? (Track)

Sancho Panza

11-man fan
I guess I may be naive to this and unaware of a rule change but I didn't know that a competitor was allowed to view video of their jumps/throws while they are competing. It was at the REGIONAL Track Meet afterall. I thought this usually results in a disqualification? Can somebody help me out?

The competitor was not disqualified despite a meet judge being informed. The ruling was that, 'only a volunteer, not a meet judge, saw the competitor watch video of his jumps. Therefore, it was ruled a no call. I guess I can video my throwers, go over to the bus where no one is watching, watch video and make adjustments?

Did the competitor advance to state? If so, they cheated to advance. The coach should have known it was wrong and apologize to his athletes for breaking the rules. If it was a parent, they need to be told NEVER to do it again. Situational ethics shouldn't apply.

The competitor advanced to state. He viewed video/pictures that his mother was taking.

Donnell, there doesn't seen to be much consistency in Levelland eh?

Not that it has anything to do with the price of coffee, but at one time at Region I it was the best run A regional meet there was. If a coach even talked to a competitor they were DQed. Sorry it turned out bad.

No, my young man won the triple jump comp. So I didn't have a dog in the fight.
I just feel a rule is a rule ,if you break them ,suffer the consequences .

Back