Roby to play six-man

That is great news. Someone there finally had some clarity on the issue. My college roommate at Tarleton was from Roby and played football back in the late 60's (still lives there) but I couldn't get him even to comment about the football situation there. Go figure.

CowboyP":2owtqq2h said:
Roby school board voted 5-2 to play six-man in 2019.

I guess two guys (or gals) figures going 0-fer and playing a JV schedule is the way to keep doing things. Good move by the other 5 board members.

Just about everyone I used to see GC play back in their 11 man days have gone 6 man. Forsan, Miles, Roscoe, Wink, Iraan, McCamey, and Christoval are just about the only ones left playing 11 man.

Old Bearkat":1c5kzwdz said:
Just about everyone I used to see GC play back in their 11 man days have gone 6 man. Forsan, Miles, Roscoe, Wink, Iraan, McCamey, and Christoval are just about the only ones left playing 11 man.

Forsan has enough refugees from Big Spring that, along with the oil boom, they’ll stay crowded field for a long time. They may even wind up 3A like Coahoma.

oldfat&bald":3ddpw6wx said:
Old Bearkat":3ddpw6wx said:

Forsan has enough refugees from Big Spring that, along with the oil boom, they’ll stay crowded field for a long time. They may even wind up 3A like Coahoma.

For some reason I thought Wink was getting close to having sixman numbers.

oldfat&bald":11rh7zkt said:
Old Bearkat":11rh7zkt said:

They are close to 3A. They have flirted with it several times over the years.

Not sure as of right now, but I talked to some people over there around September and was told that their numbers may drop by about 20 students in high school. Pretty reliable source.

Back