Road to Victory

coachdoug

11-man fan
I would like to say that this clinic was great. I as a coach learned a lot of info that will be very helpfull in my up come year.Also would like to thanks Coach Bill and staff for putting on a great clinic. I would also like to thanks T*cal for letting this clinic happen. It had a lot of great speakers with very helpful info. I look forward to being at next year.
Thank you form Coach Doug Sessums of Wise County Christian HS

Amen to that!
Thank's to the Tribesmen who brought together a simply wonderful and affordably clinic.
All the speakers were great.
With some time spent in planning and what I received yesterday I feel more confident in what I will be able to do for the boys next year.
Another thing, I must admit, I had not given much thought to is saving a few open dates on the schedule for local home school leagues or private schools who may struggle to find games that aren't so far away.
I will now.
Thanks again.

The clinic was great. We at Kings Academy really appreciate the kindness of everyone involved. Finding a league thats sole concern is the kids has been a dream of ours for some time.

KingsCoach":3rdtn1pg said:
The clinic was great. We at Kings Academy really appreciate the kindness of everyone involved. Finding a league thats sole concern is the kids has been a dream of ours for some time.

Congrats to Billy on a great clinic. That first speaker was a little long winded (me), but after that, it was pretty good.

Kings Coach ... I will take some modest offense on your comments. I think all leagues have a concern on what is best for the kids; the argument is always how we can do the best for ALL kids, not just one kid. It's kinda like choosing a church ... we all pretty well agree on the big stuff, it's some of the details that make us different ... and those aren't necessariy wrong or evil.

lifegatesports":1f9v4hra said:
Congrats to Billy on a great clinic. That first speaker was a little long winded (me), but after that, it was pretty good.

Kings Coach ... I will take some modest offense on your comments. I think all leagues have a concern on what is best for the kids; the argument is always how we can do the best for ALL kids, not just one kid. It's kinda like choosing a church ... we all pretty well agree on the big stuff, it's some of the details that make us different ... and those aren't necessariy wrong or evil.

That may be true however, whether they do the right thing or not is a matter of opinion on both sides. While I agree that most leagues want the best for kids that doesn't mean they take the right course of action to achieve such a thing. To think otherwise is naive at best. Obviously we hope and pray that we do the right thing. I guess Ive learned the right thing is in the eye of the beholder...lol

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the compliments on our first RTV clinic!

Here is the feedback I have received on the clinic. Men and women received knowledge in fellowship and Jesus Christ was honored! That was our (TCAL, TRIBE) goal from the beginning.

Thanks to all the great speakers for their time and resources to make this a great time in the Lord!

There were many great statements at this clinic! But here is my favorite! You will eventually lose on the field...but never let Jesus lose on the field!

One more thing before I sign off. I want to let everyone know that TCAL is not trying to recruit any school or program that are in an established league. However, I do intend on visiting all independent programs to share what God is doing in TCAL. I know TCAL has taken some serious bumps in the past, but the past is the past! As we all know, there are seasons for everything. Grass grows in the valley...not on the mountain top. TCAL will bounce back and honor God while doing so. God's blessings on all other organizations that are in the children business! Gods Standard is Excellence! (for us all, not just TCAL!)

Billy Helm

KingsCoach":1l304trn said:
lifegatesports":1l304trn said:

That may be true however, whether they do the right thing or not is a matter of opinion on both sides. While I agree that most leagues want the best for kids that doesn't mean they take the right course of action to achieve such a thing. To think otherwise is naive at best. Obviously we hope and pray that we do the right thing. I guess Ive learned the right thing is in the eye of the beholder...lol

Kings Coach ... forgot to ask you this. Based on your remarks, I'm coming to a conclusion that Tyler Kings Academy is leaving TCAF for T-CAL; could you confirm that I might be right once ... because even a blind squirrel finds an acorn ...

Thanks.

lifegatesports":2l4o1jsf said:
Kings Coach ... forgot to ask you this. Based on your remarks, I'm coming to a conclusion that Tyler Kings Academy is leaving TCAF for T-CAL; could you confirm that I might be right once ... because even a blind squirrel finds an acorn ...

Thanks.

That decision will be made today! Either way it is an honor to have 2 quality leagues to consider. We prayed about it all weekend!

Back