Referee shortage

WilcoKevin

11-man fan
We are seeing a shortage of available referees in our area (TAIAO Austin area) and I was curious if anyone had any resources or suggestions for finding referees going forward? Pushing games to Saturdays seems to be the immediate answer but as you know a lot goes into scheduling the entire program and I'd like to avoid this going forward.

Quit being Dbags to officials. Coaches and parents. Younger folks dont stick around as officials anymore when they get verbally abused. We can talk about the younger generation being soft all day long but it is what it is

Ok, let me try asking this in a different way. I don't work directly with organizations that provide refs so I'm specifically looking for guidance on who they are, how to source them, and if there are any suggestions for last minute requests?

If you haven't yet, get in contact with your local TASO (Texas Association of Sports Officials) chapter. The Secretary is the assigning officer, so that's the individual with whom you'll need to communicate.

Back