Recruiting

spot4

11-man fan
Congratulation to WFND beating The Cowboy recruiting NCTA Canada Granbury Team.
I don't know much about WFND but I do know how Grandbury's success is done by recruiting and it's not right.
I know our kids are competive and I spend the extra money for education first for my son to go to private school not football. But it is what it is especially in the UIL. Any school can give Mom or Dad a job and get a key player to come to there school. Good Luck WFND if you did it right.

Last I checked, it was legal to recruit in TAPPS, just can't solicit. But yes, good job WFND on the win, even though i'm sure they've never recruited..?

The thing that is illegal is inducements. Promises of extra financial aid, promise of starting spots etc.As NCTA is a boarding school the lines can be a bit more nebulous.

It's just frustrating to see kids that have gone to a school since most of them were 2 years old and put their heart, sweat, and tears into a game they love playing and then some All-Star RB show up for his senior year at a small 6 man private school for one year.
That's the way life can be so it's a good lesson to prepare them for the future.

spot4":2lb2u8ji said:
It's just frustrating to see kids that have gone to a school since most of them were 2 years old and put their heart, sweat, and tears into a game they love playing and then some All-Star RB show up for his senior year at a small 6 man private school for one year.
That's the way life can be so it's a good lesson to prepare them for the future.

Lets just give everyone a trophy, especially those who have gone to a school since they were 2.
its called welcome to the real world

It's not about trophies. Who ask how many times you've won second place in life. It's about recruiting. Why don't all the schools just go to the Dallas Cowboy's football camp and have a draft if you want to put it that way. These boarding schools can find anyone in the United States or Canada to play for their teams and give them a place to live but I would rather see my son every night at home with his family.
And some private schools do have daycare and they start out when their two years old.

Back