Recruiting.... Again... is this the norm now?

Winning at all costs is prevalent in the professional sports, now in college with the transfer portal, and apparently in high school sports. Athletes are becoming cry babies if they can't be on a winning team. Contracts don't mean anything. Integrity and character are out the window. Skirting rules by the slimmest of margins is now acceptable. It's all acceptable in our society now adays. For those players, coaches and school boards that do it the right way, honor to you. For those skirting the rules, although maybe legal, I feel sorry for you. There is no respect for you, even when you win. Shame on you. That's not what high school sports is about.

Little Doc said:
Winning at all costs is prevalent in the professional sports, now in college with the transfer portal, and apparently in high school sports. Athletes are becoming cry babies if they can't be on a winning team. Contracts don't mean anything. Integrity and character are out the window. Skirting rules by the slimmest of margins is now acceptable. It's all acceptable in our society now adays. For those players, coaches and school boards that do it the right way, honor to you. For those skirting the rules, although maybe legal, I feel sorry for you. There is no respect for you, even when you win. Shame on you. That's not what high school sports is about.

Thank you Little Doc, you said exactly what I've been trying to for years now. You're a lot more well spoken than I am obviously. I get extremely frustrated because 6man football was the only sport that was true and fun to watch. (True fans) But Ive finally there will be coaches that will always seek to bend the rules, which we have seen in the past (regularly). Nothing is done about it though. Maybe UIL needs to change some rules, IDK. I just know I personally cant do anything about it, but maybe someone, some parent/kid will stand up and expose the corruption.

The ones that started it all under Clawson (who JB was assisting one or two years before taking over) and really put RS on the map...the Hicks brothers...if memory serves me they were Brookesmith district kids? Clawson also recruited players when he was an assistant at Panther Creek if you want to take it back farther.... So... I guess JB learned from the best. The Hicks brothers, living by themselves in a given trailer house, playing for RS... They got caught and were ineligible for a year if my memory is correct. RS has a dirty past and they STILL get away with it. Legal or not, no integrity

I agree in some aspects. However it is out of the school and coach's hands. Small schools need the numbers so they take most if not all move ins. That's most small schools. To say RS recruits the names listed is crazy. What school doesnt hire coaches with kids? And if we are being honest, how many kids move for academics?

tsford78 said:
I agree in some aspects. However it is out of the school and coach's hands. Small schools need the numbers so they take most if not all move ins. That's most small schools. To say RS recruits the names listed is crazy. What school doesnt hire coaches with kids? And if we are being honest, how many kids move for academics?

Taking move-ins is different than giving a parent a job because his kid is a stud athlete. Do you not agree with that? I believe it is all in the school and coaches hands at RS... Past has proven it. How is it crazy when it happened and is happening? They know, everybody knows.
Kids that move for academic reasons obviously go to a new school to challenge them mentally. To move to a school for athletics doesn't challenge them in a school setting, it just sets them up to possibly win a state championship. Big difference

Other than coach's getting hired, what jobs have been offered to parents?

I'm not sure how the past has proven it?...

Yes I know what academics stands for, but parents want more than just academics. They also want athletics which in most cases helps the kids life skills to succeed later on in life. That's why colleges like the multi sport athlete. Yes they also check grades. But I have never heard of a parent moving their kid only for academics. Not in sixman communities for sure. Because if it was all about academics, bigger schools offer the better deal when it comes to opportunities. More variety of classes and such.

tsford78 said:
Other than coach's getting hired, what jobs have been offered to parents?

I'm not sure...has the past has proven it?... yes.

Yes I know what academics stands for, but parents want more than just academics. They also want athletics which in most cases helps the kids life skills to succeed later on in life. That's why colleges like the multi sport athlete. Yes they also check grades. But I have never heard of a parent moving their kid only for academics. Not in sixman communities for sure. Because if it was all about academics, bigger schools offer the better deal when it comes to opportunities. More variety of classes and such.

Valley kids parent was given a job... where are they at now?
I agree with you on certain aspects, yes sports is very important. But, a lot of the former players that I've talked to said RS just rents them out for a year or 2. All about JB and RS.
WHAT IM SAYING, IS THIS IS HAPPENING YEAR IN/OUT FROM ONE SCHOOL. THAT SCHOOL IS RICHLAND SPRINGS. A "SMALL" D2 6MAN SCHOOL.
What is the incentive in moving to RS? I know it's not academics.

Anyone else sick of this crap? I dont see BC or SC or Clavert etc... (many more) donthis on a consistent basis. Yall are blind if you dont see what's going on.

GigemSooners said:
Anyone else sick of this crap? I dont see BC or SC or Clavert etc... (many more) donthis on a consistent basis. Yall are blind if you dont see what's going on.
Yes, Six Man fans are well aware of Richland Springs consistent recruiting and getting away with it. The other district members that RS plays in can vote not to let RS compete in their district. Breckenridge Buckaroos were the victim of such a district vote about six decades ago. But some of the competing schools coaches and superintendents have to grow a backbone and say enough is enough. Of course Cherokee has to show a little courtesy in this situation because they have been guilty of allowing San Saba players to play on their roster in the past. I over heard a RS faithful telling a hunting buddy in Comanche how BH and RS recruited a couple of players like it was common knowledge. The UIL is part of this problem too. When you have a small school with barely 100 students K thru 12 winning multiple state championships you know something is being manipulated. Paint Creek and Guthrie with problems of having enough boys to field a team don't resort to this type of behavior. I wasn't aware that Clawson was at Panther Creek during their glory days, so now we know where all that glory came from.

Texlonghorn75 said:
GigemSooners said:
Yes, Six Man fans are well aware of Richland Springs consistent recruiting and getting away with it. The other district members that RS plays in can vote not to let RS compete in their district. Breckenridge Buckaroos were the victim of such a district vote about six decades ago. But some of the competing schools coaches and superintendents have to grow a backbone and say enough is enough. Of course Cherokee has to show a little courtesy in this situation because they have been guilty of allowing San Saba players to play on their roster in the past. I over heard a RS faithful telling a hunting buddy in Comanche how BH and RS recruited a couple of players like it was common knowledge. The UIL is part of this problem too. When you have a small school with barely 100 students K thru 12 winning multiple state championships you know something is being manipulated. Paint Creek and Guthrie with problems of having enough boys to field a team don't resort to this type of behavior. I wasn't aware that Clawson was at Panther Creek during their glory days, so now we know where all that glory came from.

Now you know Clawson's background and what JB inherited and kept doing. Clawson messed up with the Hicks boys (for a year). JB and RS obviously learned from Clawson's mistakes. Year in and year out, its been the same. Why no one does anything about it is beyond me. I'd assume Rochelle would be all over it but I guess they don't have a backbone. Cherokee I know nothing about minus they about beat RS last year.
JB quit RS, took that job at Stanton and realized he wasnt what he thought he was. Made excuses and went back to 6man. Stole Tiptons job first. Stole Rigdons job the same way.
But... RS has enough money to pay a coach off, and bring in their old coaches (one with an upper addiction)
Just calling it out (truthfully)

Valley coach is still coaching girls basketball in RS. Cherokee is opening up another home and Rochelle has so many Brady kids its unreal. So the whole district is corrupt for taking transfers. But the whole reason RS is hated is because people cant wrap their head around how great of coaches Roger's and Burkhart are at the sixman level. You're right. The only incentive for small towns in central and west texas is football. Sixman was invented to keep these small schools alive because they didnt have the numbers to field an actual team. Most revenue for sixman schools come from football. Remember the SportCenter documentary?

tsford78 said:
Valley coach is still coaching girls basketball in RS. Cherokee is opening up another home and Rochelle has so many Brady kids its unreal. So the whole district is corrupt for taking transfers. But the whole reason RS is hated is because people cant wrap their head around how great of coaches Roger's and Burkhart are at the sixman level. You're right. The only incentive for small towns in central and west texas is football. Sixman was invented to keep these small schools alive because they didnt have the numbers to field an actual team. Most revenue for sixman schools come from football. Remember the SportCenter documentary?

Offended much?? LMAO!!! We can meet up too if your like?

tsford78 said:

And again... excuses.

And again, there is no harm in hiring coaches with kids. If there is an opening for a job, the school hires. The more numbers the better. RS is successful and you hate it.

tsford78 said:
And again, there is no harm in hiring coaches with kids. If there is an opening for a job, the school hires. The more numbers the better. RS is successful and you hate it.
Please explain the Rigdon hire as head coach then RS hiring Burkhart also to be head coach to return only after the Rigdon boys were tied down to the program?? It is obvious that Burkhart would not have returned, at least not as quickly, if the Rigdon boys were not going to be playing at Richland Springs. So how does that work if there is(not) an opening Story play out?? Your story is baloney, as usual.

First of all it's spelled bologna. Second, you and gigem keep asking the same questions that have already been answered multiple times in the 5,000 threads concerning this subject. The only stories that change are yours and Gigem. You yall keep beating a dead horse.

And proof of gigem changing his story. He says hes watching RS summer program earlier in this thread. Said he saw Brookesmith boy working out. But on his thread about JB, he says to meet half way. So is everything that comes out of gigem's mouth garbage? Asking for a friend. And maybe uil doesnt do anything about it because there is nothing illegal going on. Wow! Crazy how that works. They cant find anything because there was nothing to find. I bet UIL has stacks on stacks of accusations for Katy, Aledo, Allen, Southlake, Duncanville, etc. When you cant beat em, accuse them.

Back