Recruiting.... Again... is this the norm now?

GigemSooners

Six-man fan
I know I've been that guy that annoys everyone but calls it how it is. Whether you believe it or not. 3 years now... and even longer than that Richland Springs seems to get what they want every single year. If they are doing it legal, I dont see how but the DEC and everyone in their district seems to be fine about getting hosed. When they can protest...
Heard 100% that the Brookesmith stud is already there. Gave his mother a pretty decent gig. Have also heard there me an Ethridge reunion with Harley bring his his other 2 boys. One (Braxton) being a stud at SE last year and his youngest will be ready sooner than later. In other words RS and Burky are back at it again. Why no one contests this is beyond me.
Thoughts?

You know better than to inflame the tender sensibilities of the Richland Springs faithful. I'm sure that all the mention players were born and raised in RS just lost their way and have some how returned to the promised Land. Besides until Johnny South denies this rumor it is not official!! And it's Legal Recruiting by the way. Just wanted to add that I watched the recording of the Balmorhea-Richland Springs championship game and the out come was not pretty for the RS crowd. Looks like RS was gassed by Diese(more than once)l!!

Texlonghorn75 said:
You know better than to inflame the tender sensibilities of the Richland Springs faithful. I'm sure that all the mention players were born and raised in RS just lost their way and have some how returned to the promised Land. Besides until Johnny South denies this rumor it is not official!! And it's Legal Recruiting by the way. Just wanted to add that I watched the recording of the Balmorhea-Richland Springs championship game and the out come was not pretty for the RS crowd. Looks like RS was gassed by Diese(more than once)l!!

Correction.. RS gave Brookesmith's studs father a sweet gig, not mother. The kid has been working out with them. If you dont know who this kid is, look him up. Outstanding athlete. Ethridge is still out in the open, heard rumors hes about to go back there. Why? Is beyond me... My question is, how many coaches do you need? How can RS afford all of these coaches/teachers year in and year out being a small D2 sixman school?Would Harley really want to go back and have no say in playcalling, or even coaching. Seems like a downgrade from taking a team to state with his own coaching. What's this Brookesmith dad going to be doing?
I just feel like the new norm is like te NBA building superteams but has translated into sixman. Atleast Vance did it right, that was a breath of fresh air. Something is fishy (again)...

You may not like it, but hiring a parent is 100% legal. A few years back, I heard about a school that hired a secretary for $50,000 and everybody knew it was done to get her son into the district. The UIL is helpless in such a situation…. If the parent works there, the kid is going to be eligible. Also, it is my understanding that Harley had total control of the offense during Tyler’s reign.

6for6 said:
You may not like it, but hiring a parent is 100% legal. A few years back, I heard about a school that hired a secretary for $50,000 and everybody knew it was done to get her son into the district. The UIL is helpless in such a situation…. If the parent works there, the kid is going to be eligible. Also, it is my understanding that Harley had total control of the offense during Tyler’s reign.

You're right, I dont like it. I think it is a loophole that allows recruiting to take place "legally" That kid didnt move to RS for academics (cmon). I really would like to know if the kids father from Brookesmith has any teaching qualifications or experience working in schools. What did he do last year? I know RS most likely gave him Teachers Aide

Harley did call offense but idk about total control. Coach Roger's has also been given full control of the offense. Where would Harley fit? Stand on the sidelines biting his lip?
Anyone have a copy of RS yearbooks and see how many of these boys are homegrown K-12ers?

Boy oh boy. Where is this rumor from? RS only has 3 football coaches. Burkhart, Roger's and Burkharts oldest son. Hiring any parent is legal, but here in RS we haven't seen anybody new. Only a select few have met the new superintendent from Graford. So just when have you been at the workouts? I assume you dont work if you just sit at RS workouts with a player checklist checking off returning players.

For any questions you have, I am sure RS coaches would be happy to have you be at the coaching clinic Thursday. So no need to be on here and ask. Just come see what the talk is about for yourself. See other posting for details of coaching clinic. Burkhart usually had the boys practice in front of the coaches.

tsford78 said:
Boy oh boy. Where is this rumor from? RS only has 3 football coaches. Burkhart, Roger's and Burkharts oldest son. Hiring any parent is legal, but here in RS we haven't seen anybody new. Only a select few have met the new superintendent from Graford. So just when have you been at the workouts? I assume you dont work if you just sit at RS workouts with a player checklist checking off returning players.

Hiring any parent is legal but did that person have experience in the field they hired him in? Any teaching experience? School experience? Someone has to answer that question. Way too many qualified teachers to let someone come in without knowledge. Yes, I have a job (jerk), but I still have time to watch and see new faces that aren't homegrown. Yes, the Brookesmith stud is in RS, fact check that!
*Ethridge from Hermleigh
*Tippie from Moran
* Rigdon boys
* Valley boys
* Rankin boy
* (now Brookesmith, and Ethridges boys)

That's 6+ studs, who were "recruited"... Am I missing anyone else?

tsford78 said:
For any questions you have, I am sure RS coaches would be happy to have you be at the coaching clinic Thursday. So no need to be on here and ask. Just come see what the talk is about for yourself. See other posting for details of coaching clinic. Burkhart usually had the boys practice in front of the coaches.

RS coaches dont answer anyone bud. Tried that before, doesnt work.

Ethridge was a coach. Tippie was never in Moran. Rigdon was a coach. Valley is a coach and I'm guessing rankin boy is Burkhart going back to RS? Not all of these coaches coached together. Brookesmith boy isnt in RS and RS has a full coaching staff. Ethridge had no job to apply for. Go to the clinic and see for yourself.

tsford78 said:
Ethridge was a coach. Tippie was never in Moran. Rigdon was a coach. Valley is a coach and I'm guessing rankin boy is Burkhart going back to RS? Not all of these coaches coached together. Brookesmith boy isnt in RS and RS has a full coaching staff. Ethridge had no job to apply for. Go to the clinic and see for yourself.[/quot e]

Ethridge is, and always will be a coach... duh.
Sorry Tippie was in Morgan or Moran... one letter difference. He didnt grow up in RS dude. Brookesmith kid is there, prove me wrong. Ethridge may be back, unofficial, but I heard theres serious talks going on. Point being. Stop making excuses and own up. You know what's going on and you love it.
I've tried to call it out but RS knows how to manipulate the system. Never gets caught.
Tell me man to man, the Brookesmith kid went there for academics? Tell me Tippie went there for academics. Tell me the Rigdons went there only because of academics. Tell me Tipton went there for academics.
* Most important, tell me JB went to stanton for athletics...
That's what I thought bud

Tippie was neither in morgan and or moran. He went from zephyr to blanket, then blanket to Mullin, then to RS. But let's only get mad that the parents took him to RS. I'll own up to RS hiring coaches with kids. Every school in the state will. Doesnt matter what sport. All I can say is there will be proof come 2 a days and Brookesmith kid is still in Brookesmith. You have no idea what you're talking about, just trying to stir up more BS on here.

Man to man, coaches get hired at schools to coach. You amaze me. Burkhart went to stanton who was on average 2-8 from 2011-2018. So not sure what information you have but you're plain ignorant. Coach's get hired to coach. If they have kids they get moved up on the list. You don't want RS to welcome kids and coaches in their school then you become superintendent and hire you you want.

tsford78 said:
Ethridge was a coach. Tippie was never in Moran. Rigdon was a coach. Valley is a coach and I'm guessing rankin boy is Burkhart going back to RS? Not all of these coaches coached together. Brookesmith boy isnt in RS and RS has a full coaching staff. Ethridge had no job to apply for. Go to the clinic and see for yourself.

So tell me what Ethridges duties would be if he reunited with the staff that let him go after his son graduated. You know.... TE. And his legitimate state championship run...

tsford78 said:
Tippie was neither in morgan and or moran. He went from zephyr to blanket, then blanket to Mullin, then to RS. But let's only get mad that the parents took him to RS. I'll own up to RS hiring coaches with kids. Every school in the state will. Doesnt matter what sport. All I can say is there will be proof come 2 a days and Brookesmith kid is still in Brookesmith. You have no idea what you're talking about, just trying to stir up more BS on here.

Im glad you admitted that, getting fishier. Why didnt they pursue another school? RS was the only option for Tippie at that point? OMG, I didn't know it came to that... I'm so not surprised.
So you're saying RS is "Last Chance U"? (HS version)

I cant answer that question. I'm not Tippies parents. Im not sure why they left those other schools. I'm also not sure why they didnt go to another school in Brown county. But I do know that Tippies dad worked right outside of RS. So I'm not sure what I was admitting to, or what last chance u is.

tsford78 said:
I cant answer that question. I'm not Tippies parents. Im not sure why they left those other schools. I'm also not sure why they didnt go to another school in Brown county. But I do know that Tippies dad worked right outside of RS. So I'm not sure what I was admitting to, or what last chance u is.

In your honest opinion...did he decide to go to RS for academics?

I can't answer for the Tippie family. I have no idea what happened at Zephyr, Blanket or Mullin. Do I believe athletics plays a big part in parents decisions to move? Yes absolutely. You see it in all levels and every sport. To speak for the Tippie family I have no idea what their motives were.

Mr. tsford78, I see you are sort of new to this message board so let me same you some time and frustration. If you think you can carry on a mature conversation/argument with this gigemsooner person, you are wasting your breath. There is no reasoning with him/her. He/she knows everything and then some. Don't fall into the trap.

Murdoch said:
Mr. tsford78, I see you are sort of new to this message board so let me same you some time and frustration. If you think you can carry on a mature conversation/argument with this gigemsooner person, you are wasting your breath. There is no reasoning with him/her. He/she knows everything and then some. Don't fall into the trap.

Because everything you say or hear is always the truth Mr. Murdoch! Everyone listen to Mr.Murdoch! Hes not biased at all!

I'm just pointing out the obvious and how it's a a revolving door at RS. No one says anything or will do anything about it. Kudos to JB and RS for able to pull it off. Can I do anything about it. No. Will the UIL do anything about it? No. I've come to terms with that. No integrity at that school.

Back