Rangers Hot Stove League

Knowmystuff

11-man fan
Well I know that this is the time to focus on Playoff Football! I have also been trying to keep up with the Texas Ranger's Hot Stove League rumors and moves. Today a few things happened:

Ranger's agreed to a 2 year deal with Catcher Yorvit Torrealba (formerly of San Diego Padres) for $3million in 2011 and $3.25 million in 2012

Ranger's have expressed interest in, and have contacted, pitcher Andy Pettitte.

Texas has avoided arbitration with right-handed reliever Mark Lowe by signing him to a $1.2 million contract (plus up to $100,000 in games pitched/finished incentives) for 2011. Lowe, who came over from Seattle in the Cliff Lee trade in July, earned $1.15 million in 2010.

I think the Harden experiment blowing up in their face last year will ward off any signing of Prior who is of the same mold as Harden. The "offer" to Lee is like opening arguements in a trial there are many more to come from some high profile (Yankees) teams. Torrealba should be a good pick-up for them at catcher although I wish they would have kept Molina because he was the definition of clutch down the stretch.

Also...

Rangers signed their first ever European player in the history of the franchise.

They signed 18 year-old Dutch middle-infielder Nick Urbanus to a minor league contract.

Also on...
Nov. 29th - Rangers deny contacting Andy Pettitte

Zack Greinke is ready to move on to another team, and his friends have said that he would not like New York...Royals are interested in Ranger's pitching prospects Tanner Scheppers and Martin Perez

Thursday - Dec. 9th

Ranger's are meeting with Cliff Lee today, sending 3 people including Owner Chuck Greenburg and GM Thad Levine...Nolan Ryan in the last few days ask Lee's agent what would it take to sign Lee...so seems like the Rangers are about to make a big push for Lee, who reports say will make up his mind and sign with a team this weekend.

In the Rule 5 draft the Cubs picked Mason Tobin and traded him to the Rangers

Dec. 8th

Ranger's have been fielding interest in Michael Young for a possible trade! While some sites have really reported a lot on this...the Rangers have told Young he isn't going any where...the Rockies have been the most interested in M. Young...(personally I would hate it if they traded Young, as would about a million Ranger's fans...so I don't think he will be traded because of his popularity)

The Rangers have expressed interest in these players for a DH and had initial discussions with them (now that Konerko has signed):
Vlad Guuerrero, Magglio Ordonez, Jim Thome, Troy Glaus, Marcus Thames

Rangers are going to up their offer for Cliff Lee...Yankee's have reportedly offered him a 7 year deal but with less money per season than he would make with the 6 year deal they offered him.

Dec. 13 -

Phillies have agreed to terms with Cliff Lee

Rangers re-sign Catcher Matt Treanor

There is more talk about the Rangers signing Adrian Beltre...maybe moving Michael Young to DH

Good for Lee,,,Why would any millionare ballplayer want
to play in the Texas heat? Maybe now with all that money
saved [a roof ]?
Plus his ERA would soar pitching in this hitters park

If the Rangers get Beltre,,just don't touch his head.

Jan 4, 2011:

Rangers agreed to sign 3rd Baseman Adrian Beltre pending a physical. Its a 6 year deal in the 80-90 million dollar range. Michael Young is expected to move to DH and will be a utility player at times.

I don't like this really, Beltre is a flake and is old, 31, true it is an upgrade on defense but I don't think it is worth it in the long run...just my opinion...

Loving it! And got to go to the 2nd game of the season...won tickets on the radio, took my father, saw them get their rings and watched a medal of honor winner throw out the first pitch...and the beat the Red Sox bad!

I went to Mondays replica ring night. It was awesome, definitely worth the drive from LBK to DFW. oneday give me a shout we need to set up some dates for interviews.

Ranger's version of the great Mickey Mantle out 6-8
weeks,,broke small bone in right shoulder,,,that Hurts..
Bearkat,i watched Mickey Mantle play during the 60's
He was great,,switch hitter,,Josh Hamilton is better
and thats saying alot..

Back