Random Numbers after week 7

granger

Six-man expert
Founder
Time to bust out the random numbers....

247 teams actually played a game this season so far. I have eliminated Benjamin since they never played a game (sorry, Paint Creek, but will I be getting a call from the Governor on that?)

Of those 247 teams, 18 are still undefeated: Ira, Water Valley, Throckmorton, Aquilla, Aspermont, Zephyr, Oakwood, Gordon, Richland Springs, Jonesboro, Trent, Bulverde Bracket Christian, Temple Holy Trinity Catholic, Brownwood Victory Life, Lucas Christian, Waco Live Oak, Tomball Christian Homeschool and Marshall Christian Academy

Of those 247 teams, Throckmorton has a direct or indirect win over 199 of them, http://sixmanfootball.com/wins_tree.php?t=1596

Of the 17 undefeated teams, Trent has the fewest direct or indirect wins with 44, http://sixmanfootball.com/wins_tree.php?t=1601

Ira, the top-ranked team in the state only has 162 direct or indirect wins, however, three are very key: Borden County, Rankin and Petersburg

I'll add more as I uncover them

Same here, not to be nitpicky but I actually noticed some time back. I probably am not understanding correctly, but since you started the topic. If a WV direct win (level 1) over SC who has a direct win (level 1) over GC, would GC not be a level 2 indirect win in WV's tree? I did not, repeat did not scrutinize this. It actually jumped out at the time I first checked the tree out. I noticed GC was a level 3 and new off hand SC had beat GC as it was a big game for them. Again, I'm sure it is accurate and is just me not understanding.

Geeez, the winner of the state game in abilene will be ur true stat champion, PERIOD. all this direct and indirect wins don't mean anything if ur not in abilene holding a state championship trophy!!

No, had Gordon written down and for some reason didn't type it... was distracted... as for the other stuff, let me look...

I need nitpicky. I am trying to see where if any errors exist.

quentin70":1717t4de said:
Geeez, the winner of the state game in abilene will be ur true stat champion, PERIOD. all this direct and indirect wins don't mean anything if ur not in abilene holding a state championship trophy!!

yes, that's the point... the winner eventually has wins over everyone...

SimplyPut":21pgpxry said:
Same here, not to be nitpicky but I actually noticed some time back. I probably am not understanding correctly, but since you started the topic. If a WV direct win (level 1) over SC who has a direct win (level 1) over GC, would GC not be a level 2 indirect win in WV's tree? I did not, repeat did not scrutinize this. It actually jumped out at the time I first checked the tree out. I noticed GC was a level 3 and new off hand SC had beat GC as it was a big game for them. Again, I'm sure it is accurate and is just me not understanding.

yes, for some reason it is counting the WV-->Rankin-->BC-->GC as the best path...

appreciate you finding this.

Dear Guru, is there a value assigned to direct and indirect wins in your formula? You have probably addressed this in the past but my parttimers kicks in occasionally.

Lucas Christian and Waco Live Oak were scheduled to play each other Week 9. That would have been a nice game to see, but I believe Lucas Christian cancelled.

Back