Rambling's

51eleven

Six-man expert
I know it's too early to speculate, or is it it's never too early to speculate?
Teams that could move up a good bit in the rankings the next 2-3 + weeks, Blum, Abbott, New Castle, High Island. And...?
Looking at playoff brackets.
DI W, Happy-Borden County meet in the quarterfinal?, winner faces Sterling City or Ira in the semi's.
DI E, Regionals, Zephyr-May, Blum-Hi Island, Jonesboro-Gordon, Abbott-Union Hill.
DII W, Amherst-Valley in the region 1 qf. Region 2 Welch-Dawson-Highland and Jayton-Sands?
DII E, Region 3 Crowell-Strawn, winner could face Mullin, Panther Creek or Aspermont in the qf? Region 4, Richland Springs-Milford, Calvert-Iredell.

I put my foot in my mouth the first week of the season after Gorman 45'd Mount Calm.
So this and a quarter will get you a gumball out of the machine at walmart.

Bill O'Rielly":1iyk1h1k said:
You can take Mullin out of the equation. Basketball starts in 2 weeks.

10-4. I didn't realize Brookesmith had already beat Gustine too, they will likely be the 2nd team from that district.
Let's back up to Aspermont-Panther Creek in the regional.

51eleven":2qzehqz9 said:
Teams that could move up a good bit in the rankings the next 2-3 + weeks, Blum, Abbott, New Castle, High Island. And...?
DI W, Happy-Borden County meet in the quarterfinal?, winner faces Sterling City or Ira in the semi's.
DI E, Regionals, Zephyr-May, Blum-Hi Island, Jonesboro-Gordon, Abbott-Union Hill.
DII W, Amherst-Valley in the region 1 qf. Region 2 Welch-Dawson-Highland and Jayton-Sands?
DII E, Region 3 Crowell-Strawn, winner could face Mullin, Panther Creek or Aspermont in the qf? Region 4, Richland Springs-Milford, Calvert-Iredell.

I put my foot in my mouth the first week of the season after Gorman 45'd Mount Calm.

Borden County is in Region 2 with SC and Ira...just FYI.

Division 1 Region 2

This region will once again send two GOOD teams home early.

Bi District matchups

District 5
Borden County
Ira

VS

District 6
Sterling City
Garden City

East, I see Jonesboro vs _______ and I keep saying no way, but they seem to be rolling at the right time but ABBOTT looks like the choice to take, I can see Abbott beating Union Hill in an EPIC battle.
Jonesboro beats Abbott in the East Semi's

West, Since Bret Tyler is no longer in our beloved game of six man, HAPPY really stands a HAPPY chance now.
Borden County vs Happy in what should be a game for the ages.
Borden County wins here

Jones26":252x0zym said:
51eleven":252x0zym said:

Argh. I was looking at the DII bracket. On it they have game 3 as winner of district 5 (Borden Count in D1 vs the runner up in district 6 (Garden City or Sterling City), and, game 8 is winner of district 6 (GC or SC) vs the runner up in district 5. This is my fault. But...
The DII bracket chart is misleading/screwed up. The whole right side of it does not exist. There are no districts 17-31. The top half of their region 1 is region 1, the bottom half of IT is region 2. The top half of their region 2 is region 3 and the bottom half is region 4. So, what they show as quarterfinals are actually semifinals.

http://www.uiltexas.org/football/playoff-brackets/6AD2

51eleven":i0o18of1 said:
Jones26":i0o18of1 said:
51eleven":i0o18of1 said:

Argh. I was looking at the DII bracket. On it they have game 3 as winner of district 5 (Borden Count in D1 vs the runner up in district 6 (Garden City or Sterling City), and, game 8 is winner of district 6 (GC or SC) vs the runner up in district 5. This is my fault. But...
The DII bracket chart is misleading/screwed up. The whole right side of it does not exist. There are no districts 17-31. The top half of their region 1 is region 1, the bottom half of IT is region 2. The top half of their region 2 is region 3 and the bottom half is region 4. So, what they show as quarterfinals are actually semifinals.

http://www.uiltexas.org/football/playoff-brackets/6AD1

I'm at home now looking at the bracket sheets I printed yesterday morning to work off of. I can't believe my eyes. I've had nothing to drink. I'm looking at DII and it's correct, 16 districts, 31 games in 4 regions. DI Is screwed up. Districts 17-32 shown regions 3 & 4. Districts 1-16 all in region 1 & 2. That damn drunken monkey is messing with my mind. I can't believe what I'm seeing but I Am seeing it.
Somebody please click on the DII link above and tell me it's not screwed up.

The DII bracket I printed yesterday also shows the semi's being on Dec 1-3 and skipping a week to Dec 14-17 for the championships ??? Maybe I need a drink and it will all make sense.

51eleven":1inohonh said:
Jones26":1inohonh said:

http://www.uiltexas.org/football/playoff-brackets/6AD1

I'm at home now looking at the bracket sheets I printed yesterday morning to work off of. I can't believe my eyes. I've had nothing to drink. I'm looking at DII and it's correct, 16 districts, 31 games in 4 regions. DI Is screwed up. Districts 17-32 shown regions 3 & 4. Districts 1-16 all in region 1 & 2. That damn drunken monkey is messing with my mind. I can't believe what I'm seeing but I Am seeing it.
Somebody please click on the DII link above and tell me it's not screwed up.

Ok, nobody click.
But can somebody, anybody, even Guru tell me what teams are in district's 17-31?

The UIL site that you have posted to go to is for 6A. They have 32 districts and take four teams from each district into the playoffs. The week off between the semifinals and finals is probably a good thing. I was concerned about the possibility of having to play a Saturday game and then turn around and play on Wednesday night.

Back