Rain . . .

fajitapete

Six-man fan
Just spent a couple of minuets standing out in the rain, it is so badly needed, an answer to a lot of prayers.

Heck, I might go stand out in it again, been so long since we got any that really mattered.

FYI it was cold and wet

fajitapete":r30nor44 said:
been so long since we got any that really mattered.

reminds me of the West Texas rancher praying for rain. He was overheard to say 'lord its not for me. See, I'm about to send my oldest boy back east for college and I don want anybody making fun of him when he sees it for the 1st time'.

Been pouring for several hours... and it's nice.

A buddy of mine said, "I guess it's going to make up for all five months in one day"

Started here around 5 am, still was raining at 8 am ... I'm guessing we got an inch plus; saw the storm on tv around 11 about 40 miles west of San Antonio ... long, but narrow. looks about done here.

We have had a little over an inch total in our area. Two smaller rains mid week.

Friday was a disappointment. Forecast called for heavy thunderstorms with some 2 - 4 inch accumulations. Not a drop ...

Cool yesterday - no moisture - and supposed to not make 70° with a 20% chance of rain and then were done for 10 days at least according to the long term forecast.

We will sure take any moisture we get - no complaints here. Got to ride the bike home from work the other day with 28 miles of the trip riding through a down pour. It was really nice....

Well after reading this thread I feel especially blessed and lucky. I've got to get a rain guage (like I've needed one the last year). We had a little sprinkle in Stepheville yesterday morning. Heading out of town mid afternoon it started raining hard. I got soaked getting ice out of a machine, it took the 1st $ bill then rejected the next 2 because they were wet. Thank goodness the wife had 1 of those gold colored quarter sized siver dollars.
A little west of town it was still raining & continued to for a while. Then I got ready to cook pork chops on a small grill a little before dark & it started pourin off & on. I moved to the (open) tractor shed. I ended up trapped there for about 1/2 hour because it rained so hard I didn't wan't to get soaked again going to the house (I'd changed). It was wonderful listening to the rain pouning on a tin roof for the 1st time in ages for me, gettin' a little wet from it blowing in. Still rainin' this morining about 8 though not real hard but steady. Continued a little thru most of the mornin'.
An old mid size wash tub I left sitting out in the open was a couple of inches shy of full. Crossed a small creek at a dry weather crossing that was still running purty good about 6 today.

Spent the weekend in Waco. Returned to Abilene this evening, (Sunday) and found my rain gauge reading 4 inches!
My son tweeted someone in Waco had tweeted nearly 6 inches at Waco Airport.

I know some have reported more and others less, let's all be very thankful for what we got. God knows we all needed it!!!

Don Hardin
Abilene

I started seeing the first signs of rain when we came through Rankin. Around Wall started seeing more evidence. Around Brady saw tanks filled. By the time we got to HHR&WPC&SWW, we saw full draws tanks, etc. It was wonderful. The neighbors are taking up a collection to send us away again when we start to dry up. Works for me.

Back