Quietest District in Football

rainjacktx

Six-man fan
No sound systems allowed at District games. What a crock.

I guess certain schools hate the sights and sounds of excellence. The real losers in this are the cheerleaders from Valley. For years, the very best cheer squad in the state is being punished for being too good at cheering for a football team that has been in the playoffs every year for over a decade.

Looking forward to district play. I hope the Patriots remember the pathetic petty politics and sends everyone home early.

Well, yew and I don't alwayz agree, but I done gotz to agree with yew here. Sounds like a bunch of jealous pekkerwoods who don't done like gettin' thare hindends kicked so they done wage war in the only place they done can. Besides as ugly as it done iz out thare, yew done need some music to take yur mind off it.

kbjoe1":32wd4g37 said:
why and how can they not allow the use of the sound system. something im missing here?

Not really 100% sure what the rule is, but there are a couple of schools in District 2 that really don't like Valley's success. So they conspired to ban the cheerleaders' sound system in a pathetic attempt to silence the loud and proud Patriot crowd.

It is the ultimate in chicken @#$% moves by jealous chicken @#$% people.

Based on results thus far, this is a pretty tough district. Knew Valley would be tough and Pete would be pretty good, but Spur and Paducah are better than expected. Have seen both Meadow and Ropes and think maybe everybody but Kress might be better than those two.

I have to agree!! We were told we could not bring our sound system to the game. Good thing we still have cheerleaders and Spur has a small band or the atmosphere might have been a tad better than a funeral. They played some kinda noice up near the pressbox to break the silence since but it was so faint it was a waste!

We were allowed to bring our air horns and victory bell so between them and the rabid Bulldog fan barking the entire game I didnt doze off luckily.

One of the most memorable games I have attended was between the Wildcats and Valley at our place a couple years ago. Big blowup run throughs in each endzone,music blasting on both sides of the field,air horns blairing and the cheerleaders dancing their hair down. I am amazed the stands didnt fall down that night as everyone was on their feet stomping and hollering.

Wonderful game!! I don't think I went to sleep till 2am I was so fired up after that one. Hope we can do it all again this week!!!

Bring the noise!!!

Off the wall post here but... Spur does have a very unforgettable stadium set up if you have ever been there. Doesn't make sense to have the sounds of Sixman toned down at games though.

We played at Spur last year. Goofiest dang stadium set up I've ever seen. But we had our stereo blasting, and cheerleaders dancing - so much so that the Spur girls started trying to dance to our dances. Our girls turned that place out.

I guess the only people who had a problem with it was the admin over there. Is it just a coincidence that they get put in our district and now there's a rule against having any fun in the stands?

I think not.

I honestly can not stand spur's stadium, no visitor bleachers, rock seats, and pretty crappy looking field. As for the sound system issue; I think a school should be allowed to bring it and play it but to a certain volume. AKA Motley County's noise maker is one of the worst!

WildcatClassOf89":6kxkv76r said:
No noise at the Pete game either I hear!! Gonna be another quite one!! Ugh....

Evidently, the rule is no sound systems at any District 2 games. That means having to listen to an insufferable 8th grader try to hit the high notes on his trumpet. Date night for the neighborhood cats will sound more musical.

Jecket you are the biggest blow hard i know. I remember when you thought Valley was the scum of the earth and Silverton did no wrong. But when you run down some 8th grade trumpet player because you got your feelings hurt you show how childish you are. If the bands offend you go to the press box.

It’s not the bands that are offensive knowsitall; it’s that schools that do not have the luxury of a marching band are penalized by not being able to carry on the traditions that make six man great…. No fight song...No school song... no cheerleaders dancing, etc. Take Valley for example, as far as I can tell, their cheerleaders are some of the best anywhere, they dance and dance and cheer to the music. I also think they try to be very respectful of the other teams, bands, and the game itself. It just seems unfair and petty…

It is petty. Here's how to fix it. Bring as many "legal" noise makers as you can, trumpets (if u can't play a trumpet, even better), kazoos, tambourines, ukulelea, whatever, and be so loud and annoying, they would wish you had only brought the sound system.

Back