QUIET IN HERE TOO!!!!!!!!!!

Got nothing but respect for Gordon. Hopefully things are looking up for them.
Evant started slower than I expected (wanted). I suspect they're missing a couple of members from last years team and will need to have some 10th graders really kick it up a notch. They have a Sr. QB to look to for leadership. I believe there is potential there. Last week's game was moved from Evant to Zephyr so I feel school admin is behind them. Wish we could get some Elk tradition going. The Lady Elks have it.

Wow. If my friendly little gig at my former neighbors didn't turn up anything it IS too quiet in here. Come on people.
It IS Strawn-Gordon. Going to different divisions/districts might have taken some of the fire out of the rivalry. Then ther are the fence sitters in the middle from Mingus. And you have traitors on both sides like EddieG that went to school in Strawn but now teaches in Gordon.

Not to beat a dead horse here (this thread) butttt..... My earlier post about a Longhorn bar-b-que was in jest. However I just read on the Microplex News site "Strawn-Gordon BBQ Tailgate September 27th". It further says, Begining at 6:30 PM at Greyhound Stadium, Greyhounds, Longhorns, and the public welcome! Hosted by the Strawn Booster Club.
BBQ & 6man football, what a combo!

I thought that was what you were talking about in the first place. lol
I'm looking forward to some good ole BBQ.
I like most of you Strawn fellers 51 weeks a year. And even if you're not useful for anything else, some of you can cook.

And quite honestly, if you are going to bbq meat from an animal that is one of our mascots, I would just as soon you use Longhorn. I can't imagine dog would be that good.

hornkeeper12":t5mc1zxh said:
And quite honestly, if you are going to bbq meat from an animal that is one of our mascots, I would just as soon you use Longhorn. I can't imagine dog would be that good.

If you were to BBQ a dog, you'd probably have 0bama down there in a flash............

Old Bearkat":3nefc6rr said:
hornkeeper12":3nefc6rr said:

If you were to BBQ a dog, you'd probably have 0bama down there in a flash............
You know what you call a Somali warlord with a dog? .................................. A vegetarian.

You know what you call one with 2 dogs? ................................. A rancher........

..........and if I offended any Somali Warlords with those insensitive words,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,good..........................................................................

Yep it was a heart stopper for both sides! A lot of things could have happened on that play. That steady rainfall didn't help much. Kudos to Pedro Lopez from Gordon on his quick work to pick up that ball in the endzone and get it out of there AND stay in bounds long enough for time to expire.

I tried applying a defibrillator to this two year old victim but it just fried my monitor.
It could still come back to life as this is a district game again. October 24th in Gordon, it is a week before deer season opens. Maybe enough hunters setting up/scouting to supplement the crowd with camo.
After all it once was known as the "Super Bowl of Sixman".

Back