Progress Reports or just Report Cards

Dogface

Six-man fan
Does anyone hold their players accountable
for their grades at progress report time?
Or just at report card time,
as far as eligibility/playin time/discipline running etc.

Mine who are struggling have before school tutorials and if they have work that isnt turned in they miss practice to go make it up. If they miss practice though they have a ton of running and will lose playing time to remind them to do their work. I also have the whole team run extra so the responsible kids will stay on those kids that are maybe not paying attention in class to stay on task. Started it this week.

CoachT16
11-Man Fan

Mine who are struggling have before school tutorials and if they have work that isnt turned in they miss practice to go make it up. If they miss practice though they have a ton of running and will lose playing time to remind them to do their work. I also have the whole team run extra so the responsible kids will stay on those kids that are maybe not paying attention in class to stay on task. Started it this week.

I like this coach T . this i s kinda how they handled it back in the day. now though we have kids whining because they feel that they are being picked on so mom to the resque!!! the sad thing is that this is not from the town kids it is from another coaches family. kids are soft today because moms and dads make them that way...

Dogface":2ce0akv4 said:
Does anyone hold their players accountable
for their grades at progress report time?
Or just at report card time,
as far as eligibility/playin time/discipline running etc.

Heath Fulton works off 3 week eligibility cycles, with weekly progress reports turned in on Thursday before practice. If a student has below an 80 average in any class for a progress report, they have mandatory study hall before school or during our "flex" time at midday until they raise their grade above an 80, but are still eligible for practice and playing. They also lose their off-campus lunch priveleges until they can get their grades up. At the end of 3 weeks, if they are below a 70 in any class, they are ineligible for the next 3 weeks. Attend practice, but no participation during practice other than playing fetch for the coaches. Can stand on sideline during the games, and serve as water and ball boys. Needless to say...we don't have a lot of ineligibles.

Back