Preseason rankings and Week 0 results

I woke up and the ball said "change your picks"
CH by 32 (they empty bench early )
NB by 2 (again bigger division)
Fred I will stay with but only by 6 ( I have not seen them ) RR doesn't have "I will not loose today" mind set
DC by 6 ( did only loose 1 or 2, Throckmorton lost a big guy and more)

Also said to WALK MORE, EAT LESS and SMALLER WINE GLASS......... Stupid ball

CH rolled ( against very weak team) go injury free this team will play for a ring.

Lifegate- should be toward bottom of the top ten in the division.

Fred-beat a good team (teach RR that loosing isn't an option they would be pretty good, lots of talent) same thing stay injury free and they will play CH for the whole chalupa.

1-DC 1-CH
2-BG 2-Notre dame
3-Abilene 3-Fred
4-OLH. 4-Lubbock
5-AHC. 5-Heath
6-Bracken. 6-Orange
7-logos Prep. 7-Granbury
8-Huntsville 8-Lifegate

My pick button worked but the spread button was stuck with dried mustard

Jersey ... I'm still not so sold on Castle Hills. Every year for the past couple, I expect them to be pretty decent and they don't get past Lifegate, Freddy and the first round.

Chalk me up as a member of the Apostle Thomas brigade on this one. When I see it, I'll believe it. The CH-Freddy game should be the test, you're correct there (is that a week 3 game; I seem to remember it was an early season game). Maybe this is the year, but I thought the last two years would be better years for Castle Hills.

Otherwise, you might be pretty close to right. Maybe put Alpha Omega a little higher and Boerne Geneva, past CH in your rankings of D1/D2 teams. D1 is usually the stronger division, and we'll see proof of that in 2013.

As for Lifegate, they're young and hurt. Losing 8 from last year didn't help either. Lots of kids, but no depth -- something like 9 freshmen, who may be pretty decent ballplayers later in the season or next year, but still freshmen. I'm also happy that all three games went 40 minutes, tells me that nobody is packing it up and giving up. But it's a good week for a bye. Lost one starter against OLH, lost two during the NBCA game; hopefully all will be back for New Life in two weeks, but that's an iffy proposition.

Being healthy is an excellent prescription for being a winning team. The Lifegate team that went 14-0 in 2012 was more or less the same team that went 6-6 in 2011. But in 2012, the guys that were hurt in 2011 weren't hurt in 2012. Very big difference.

They're also 0-0 in district, which is where they were on week zero. In the NFL, we'd call this pre-season, where you try to figure out what you're gonna do when they count for real.

Actually the post looks a bit confusing, supposed to be two different rows Div1 and Div2 top teams.
If you combined both divisions , top Div 2 (CH) would be ranked 4th, Notra Dame would 8th and Fred making 10th spot.

Castle hills has several position players that's all it takes to go from average to pretty good. And rank very high in keys to winning : #1 speed, # 2 athleticism ,# 3 desire/determination, #4 depth and #5 player size.

Dallas is tops in 4 out of 5, BC would be next, they are ranked second to DC in all but size (only key they are ranked higher)

Freeagent- While I agree with you on your post about Castle Hills, remember, they have never had a tailback/linebacker like the one that they have now. He is the difference maker they have needed. I believe he alone makes them the favorite to win the district this year. It seems as though that this year the district isn't as loaded as it was last year. Just my opinion though.

tepryde":3d0klze5 said:
Freeagent- While I agree with you on your post about Castle Hills, remember, they have never had a tailback/linebacker like the one that they have now. He is the difference maker they have needed. I believe he alone makes them the favorite to win the district this year. It seems as though that this year the district isn't as loaded as it was last year. Just my opinion though.

Brother Robert, the first, it's good to hear from you. I certainly understand your advice about the kid that Castle Hills has (thought he was gonna play LB for 5A Clark High?), but I still need to see to believe. I agree the district isn't as loaded as in past years, but I still think Lifegate and Freddy will be on the top at the end. But I could be wrong.

Castle Hills is at Freddy this coming week. It may be the time to find out if someone other that Freddy, Lifegate or Town East can win that district (one or more of those teams have won the district title since 2004).

Castle hills will win by 6 over Fred, if I am right could it be possible that CH could make it to the big dance?

Bigger than that is New Braunfels they are so over ranked I can not figure out why?
I have seen them, they are a good team but not even top 8 in the division and are at least 30 spots high in the over all?

Second upset OLH over AHC by 12

Logos prep over Giddings by 2 ( game may not happen) will this hurt them in the rankings formula? If they play Logos by 36

Ok so now can we imagine castle hills making it into the big dance or do they have to beat DC and Throckmorton on the same night?
They have a very good TEAM as in several players......

Castle hills continues to roll. As will Fred and Seguin.
Boerne 168 to Brackens 80, that's not the score but the size difference? Still confused on who has how many of what and the 77 cut off thing??????
As for score Boerne will roll by more than 45 over Bracken
Logos will win again by 8 (upset of the week).

As I said in The beginning Castle Hills will go to state, I don't know one kid on the team, so no dog was in the fight. I watched them scrimmage and beat several Div I teams and I saw them beat OLH. A great player can win games but it takes a team to win championships. They had a good team, #5 is a very good player but he had lots of help!
14-0 state champions congrats

Fred-beat a good team (teach RR that loosing isn't an option they would be pretty good, lots of talent) same thing stay injury free and they will play CH for the whole chalupa.

O.K. Jersey - 3 months later I will acknowledge your very accurate pick in mid September
of CH - FH championship game. I think you were the first one on the CH bandwagon. CONGRATS.

football jersey":1j40cvhd said:
As I said in The beginning Castle Hills will go to state, I don't know one kid on the team, so no dog was in the fight. I watched them scrimmage and beat several Div I teams and I saw them beat OLH. A great player can win games but it takes a team to win championships. They had a good team, #5 is a very good player but he had lots of help!
14-0 state champions congrats

O.K. football jersey - just wondering if you have a crystal ball or something. These were some incredibly impressive projections about Castle Hills back in September. Plus the fact that you made them based on a scrimmage against some Div I teams and the OLH game. You understood early on that they had a team and not just one player which many on this message board did not seem to understand. Congratulations. And oh by the way,
let me know what is your best prediction on the stock market for 2014. :)

Not magic just a bit of luck, the scrimmage was against 3 schools (all D1) and the game was a barn burner.
They had talent and a lot for 6 man football. Better than average QB, really good RB and a big O line. Normally you can win with only one really good player, surround him with 3 or 4 more and then stay healthy and your going to make it to the playoffs.
And at D2 the schools are evenly match, so they ended up the winner.
Get to D1 and there's small schools playing schools that should be in 11man.
I have mentioned that in several posts last year and was ways called out.......
Funny Tapps now has D3 and look who had to move up. Pretty much every playoff team for the last 5-6 years in D1.
Oh well what do I know!
Lets see how I do next year!

Forgot about the market, if it goes up sell, if it goes down wait wait wait then vote against all incumbents wait some more then buy when it hits bottom.
Or better yet buy water rights.

Back