PRE-Season Rankings 13-14

Kramer

11-man fan
Please feel free to chyme in at any time and voice your opinions of why this is wrong or correct......

Uil Div. 1
SEE PAGE 5

Uil Div. 2
10. New Castle
9. Dawson
8. Motley County
7. Follett
6. New Home
5. GrandFalls Royalty
4. Richland Springs
3. Robert Lee
2. Milford
1. Strawn

TAPPS Div. I
5. Boerne Geneva
4. Bulverde Bracken
3. Austin Hill Country
2. Abilene Christian
1. Dallas Covenant

TAPPS Div. II
5. Orange Community Christian
4. Alvin Living Stones
3. Seguin Lifegate
2. Granbury NCTA
1. Fredericksburg Heritage

Looks good to me. We'll know better in November, but it's fun to throw it out there for discussion. I'm a little suprised Jonesboro didn't make the list.

Water Valley returns a ton of talent...Borden Co and Petersburg lost a lot of talent...well you can read what I think come Friday when Dave Campbell's hits the stands...

But I would say you have DI pretty good

Your DII I question...

Looks pretty good.
I would have GF #1 in UIL Div 2.

Week 0 Ira vs Strawn looks to be a great game. Lots of great week 0 games this year.

I'll give it a try. I'm not even going to attempt TAPPS as I know nothing about them.

D-1

10. Santa Anna
9. Petersburg
8. Rankin
7. Crowell
6. Borden Co.
5. Ira
4. Valley
3. Water Valley
2. Abbott
1. Throckmorton

D-2

10. Jayton
9. Robert Lee
8. Newcastle
7. Motley County
6. Milford
5. Jonesboro
4. Strawn
3. Follett
2. Grandfalls-Royalty
1. Richland Springs

You guys keep saying Petersburg lost alot,
Well they did lose MR EVERYTHING (Thomas Roden #11)
but let's look at what they return (according to my program & sixman magazine videos)

#1 R Smith
#2 T Smith - the stud running back and had the same type physical running as Buchannon from valley.
#9 B LaBadie - the quarterback (coaches son)
#12 J Banuelos
#16 J Griffin - was a little freshman, was really quick and will only get better with time

They will be good, I look for them to meet Valley in round 3 again

Why not? LOL
I usually wait to get all of the information I can before I post my preseason rankings, so consider this a pre-preseason ranking.

1. Valley
2. Water Valley
3. Throckmorton
4. Crowell
5. Gordon
6. Ira
7. Abbott
8. Zephyr
9. Petersburg
10. Borden County

1. Strawn
2. Grandfalls-Royalty
3. Follett
4. Richland Springs
5. Jonesboro
6. Milford
7. Robert Lee
8. Aspermont
9. Newcastle
10. Blanket

1. Dallas the Covenant
2. Abilene Christian
3. Boerne Geneva
4. Rockwall Heritage
5. Bulverde Bracken Christian

1. Seguin Lifegate
2. WF Notre Dame
3. Fredericksburg Heritage
4. Granbury NCTA
5. Orange Community Christian

1. Azle Christian
2. Lucas Christian
3. Arlington High Point Prep
4. Wylie Prep
5. Westlank Academy

1. Tomball Christian Homeschool
2. Bryan Allen Academy
3. Waco Live Oak
4. SA FEAST Homeschool
5. Waco Methodist Childrens Home

1. Stephenville Faith
2. Bastrop Tribe Consolidated
3. Cleburne Christian Academy
4. Tyler HEAT
5. Granbury Cornerstone

Overall
1. Dallas the Covenant
2. Valley
3. Water Valley
4. Strawn
5. Throckmorton
6. Grandfalls-Royalty
7. Crowell
8. Gordon
9. Follett
10. Richland Springs

Petersburg returns 2 starters on offense and 4 on defense, they lost Roden and are under a new head coach...I'd probably rank them 6th or 7th in their region I expect them to battle with Paducah for the runner up in that district...but I may be way off!

From my understanding, one of the best kids from Petersburg will not be playing this year because of concussion issues! I think its one of the Smith kids!

Zephyr lost 6 starters on both sides of the ball....Jonesboro lost most their starters as well....Blanket, are you kidding me? They also lost most their starters but really? Where did Petersburg coach go?

truthhurts04":1s71xhzp said:
Zephyr lost 6 starters on both sides of the ball....Jonesboro lost most their starters as well....Blanket, are you kidding me? They also lost most their starters but really? Where did Petersburg coach go?
2 years ago, Throckmorton lost all of their starters, their state runner-up starters, where did that get them? The back to back state champs is all. And like Mr. South already said, Richland loses a lot every year, but they keep showing up with a team. Blanket.....hmmmmm, I've seen them play, losing their starters might be a good thing? I've seen their young guns, they are good, really good. Jonesboro.... you could be right, I need more info. Zephyr......more talent than you can shake a stick at, their up and comings will be the real deal. Maybe not a top 10, but time will sure tell. With Williams at the helm, they will play better than their talent, which is good to start with. There is quite a bit that goes into my preseason rankings, including, but not even close to limited to, starters lost/returning. The only guarantee that I have is that I will have some teams way too high to start, and I will have some way too low to start, but that's where a teams performance comes in. When they prove me wrong, I adjust accordingly. Good football to you!

I'm going to toss this out there and you all can do with it what you want.....

SPUR

went 6-4 last yr, and played this line up..... frshmn qb, 2 soph Rbs (played 1 sr rb), offensive line was jr (c), jr (g), sr(e)
Was told the best RB in the school didn't play because he broke one of the coaches rules and he will be a jr this yr.

Defensively
loss all state redden but return both Def ends, 1 LB, 1 sec (loss 2 on def)

SPUR is a top 10 (or will be)

Petersburg, Valley, & Paducah will be better than Spur
Spur lost the rb #20, the all state LB #41 and the defensive end.
Don't get me wrong, I thought Spur was decent last year but just happened to be in a very good district. Had a GOOD chance to up-set Petersburg @ Petersburg, but 2 late fumbles cost them.
This year, they won't be as athletic without those 3

That district will be
5. Kress.... The Roos may be improved in 2013 but they will finish 5th
4. Spur ... the loss of the 3 listed above will be too much to over-come.
3. Paducah... Always has talent, but .......
2. Petersburg.... I won't use the term NEW coach, because their coach was the D-Coordinator the last few yrs, So I'm sure he will use the same philosophy
1. Valley...... ALWAYS GOOD, Good coaching, Physical kids that never quit.
Spur is one more yr away from cracking the top 10.
I got them in my top 15-20..... (at #19)

The loser of Crowell vs Throckmorton --- GETS --- IRA

So one of those 3 will be gone in the 1st round

AND YES I KNOW THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PRE-SEASON RANKINGS but it does have alot to do with the final rankings....

Div I
1. Valley
2. Abbott - got them this high because they will represent the east and will be the last standing with #1 Valley.
3. Throckmorton - Loss of the gentle giant (Gary F) will hurt but I look for little BIG brother to step in and lead the hounds downt the golden path until they meet up with my #1.
4. Ira - loss of Morris will hurt.... BUT WAIT.... There is another Morris (not as explosive) but is surrounded by talent that is a year older. And the coaches son ain't too shabby either. Bulldogs can go a LONG way if they get past #5 Crowell.
5. Crowell - This team is good, they were physical and lex (hercules) bond is GIA-NORMOUS.
6. Water Valley - They return ALOT of talent, now maybe they can stay off this message board blabbing about how good they are and focus on the opponents this year. WE UNDERSTAND YOUR TYPING SKILLS ARE GREAT... NOT PUT THOSE SKILLS TO THE FEILD
7. Zephyr - Reminds me of a middle of the pack SEC team..... talent is there but can't get over the hump.... Zephy does have a nice field
8. Santa Anna - this is a gamble
9. Petersburg - I think the Buffs will have enough to finish 2nd and make a good playoff run
10. Borden County - I believe they lost a TON of talent, but their program won't fail the coyote faithful.

Div II
1. Strawn - saw them in a passing tournament, They are going to be VERY tough to beat
2. Richland Springs - One of RS last losses was to strawn, well let's chalk up another one for Strawn, I just think strawn is gonna be better than RS.
3. Grandfalls Royalty - GF is WAY to far west texas for me to get a scout report on... Just know they like their football out there.
4. Milford - usually athletic and usually pretty good.
5. New Castle - put up a good run late in the season last yr, I look for NC to start our early this year.
6. Jonesboro - Had all the hype last year and the bubble burst... This year I think Jonesboro will be alot quieter and make noise on the field this year.
7. Blanket - I think they will have a good season
8. Follett - I believe they lost the stud spread back/Rb..... but they will have tradition of winning up north
9. Robert Lee - got the chance to see them, they will be ok once district comes around.. IF THEY FIND SOMEONE that can throw & complete a pass
10. Motley County - El Matador may fall out of my top 10 but for now I have them here.

Tapps Div 1
1. Dallas Covenant - Returning majority of their squad from 2012-13...... 2 very interesting games (Throck & @ Valley)
Right now, Covenant is the Miami Heat of the 6 man football world
2. Abilene Christian - Pass Happy, Pass Happy, Pass Happy ...... Jerry Glanville would love this offense
3. Rockwall Heritage - Improved last year, should keep improving this year
4. Bulverde Bracken - is mor than likely the most physical team in all of private schools (or atleast they use to be)
5. Boerne Geneva - they may can get back to the final game, but they'll need another solid run

Tapps Div II
1. Fredericksburg Heritage - Should be back in the dance in 2013
2. Lake Jackson Brazosport - Their past coach came back and led them back into the playoffs, where they were a staple in the mid 2000's.
3. Orange Community - this group is blessed with athletes galore, but it's basketball athletes.... If they ever focused on football first then look out... But they don't .... See them faltering at the semi final round .... AGAIN....
4. Seguin Lifegate - The falcons got their 1st ever ring..... Now let's see if they are hungry for another or if they're happy with only 1
5. Alvin Living Stones - I believe this is the yr for my arch-nemisis to FINALLY do something further than the 2nd round. According to KRAMER, Coach Sanders brings back a good qb, VERY GOOD RB and Shawree

TCAF
1. Azle Christian - NUFF said until someone beats them

TCAL DIV I
1. Tomball Home School - Still ain't never figured out the home school thingy.
Like, where do they get their kids from

TCAL Div. II
1. Bastrop Tribe Consolidated

And to toss this one out there, because I find it a little strange how this is played...
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the game is played on Thur, Fri and Sat (all 3 days in a row)
with Thur and Fri you play only halves.
And any school including jvs can enter
BUT....
THE IRON MAN BOWL

1. Houston Emery Weiner is going for a 5th (in a row) title....
I'd call it the DRIVE for FIVE.... LOL

Hopefully someone for Emery reads this and posts pics of their 4 rings

Back